Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unmount strongly command
Operating Systems AIX Unmount strongly command Post 302365419 by ITHelper on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 03:04:20 AM
Old 10-27-2009
Unmount strongly command

Dear Guy's

I'm making script to easier my work to mount and unmount some file systems

I'm executing this command umount -f /file_system

To unmount the file system but some times is not allow the un mounting

it's giving me device is busy ...

I want to know is there any another command to un mount the file system strongly...
ITHelper

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how do i unmount ?

hi all, I am new to AIX as well as UNIX also ,i have a question One of my program has created a new filesystem on the system..... df shows : /dev/fslv04 2031616 2030648 1% 3 1% /replicas/source when i tried to umount the above filesystem by umount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshi_k
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

/opt will not unmount to extendfs

The /opt file system needs to be extended. I know the basic commands, but /opt will not unmount. fuser shows nothing and I see no jobs running from /opt. If I need to take it down to single user mode to do this, then what is the best command? Any help is appreciated. Is there a way to stop all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joettacm
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can we unmount device?

Hi, I know that if we need to unmount a device, we use the command umount mount-point, example 'umount /tmp/mount1' But We can also unmount the device with device name example 'umount /dev/hda6'. NOTE: I think in RHEL3 we cannot unmount with device name. Correct me if I am wrong. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount the partition

Dear all, I have a two hard drive.On the second (/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2) hard drive i have two partitions. The /dev/sdb2 has been mounted on the /home2 directory.I want to unmount that /dev/sdb2.I have no idea to how to do it.Can anybody give me the details about that?. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs cannot unmount (cannot unshare)

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine, created a raidz2 zpool named shares and set up sharing (zfs set sharesmb=on shares). I also created a script for automatic backuping using snapshots. Everything worked fine. But yesterday I tried recovering from one of those backuped snapshots:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

FC Lun scan without unmount

OS : 11.31 Storage : HP P2000 WE extended one lun to 100GB which was previously 50GB from storage side... How to get detect the size without unmounting.... ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 AM ---------- No LVM and No online JFS installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount files via script

Hi all, I have a requirement to do an upgrade. As part of that upgrade I have to unmounts files in the fstab (there could be 100's), is there a way I can do this via script? The problem is, is that the mount points on every server will be different.... For example: /u001/oradata/T865 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
4 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)