Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mpxio in Solaris10 with NetApp FAS3140 problem Post 302365060 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 25th of October 2009 04:18:24 PM
Old 10-25-2009
if you only have FC, which is in your case (V440) true, you can use the -e option without any problems. i use the "-u" option if i'll have to configure mpxio on a system. done a often and never had any problems...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris10 dns problem

Hi, I'm new to solaris and just installed solaris 10. For some reason I can't resolve stuff. I installed it with the option to use dns. My routing is correct. (I can ping stuff outside my subnet). I have a resolv.conf which looks like this: bash-3.00# more resolv.conf 10.32.2.12 10.32.2.11... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barabas
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Mpxio

Hi All, I have one question. I found out that my system setting for mpxio-disable=yes. Sun recommend to change it to mpxio-disable=no and run stmsboot -e command. But no one can tell will it affect the system or not and the system is sol-10 and using veritas volume manager and attached... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Mpxio

Hi, I have a quick question. How can I see MPXIO statistics (like errors, how many I/O|throuput per path, ....) on Solaris 10? Does maybe a ready dtrace script exist (I do not have the knowledge to write one myself)? I would be happy if somebody knows some good documentation/links (with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorinox
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VxVM and MPxIO

:confused: Last week I read that VxVM won't work with MPxIO (i don't recall the link) and that it should be unconfigured when installing VxVM. Today I read that VxVM works in "pass-thru" mode with MPxIO and DMP uses the devices presented by MPxIO. If I create disks with MPxIO and use VxVM to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

MPxIO question

Greetings Forumers!! I was given a T2000 with one, dual port, HBA card. The card had one fiber connection to the SAN and the former admin enabled MPxIO. Yesterday, I learned that the other port was connected to the same SAN. This system is in another city so I don't have physical access to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

6. Solaris

MPXIO

Hi Kudo, I wanna to know that how can I do mpxio device name to os native name mapping without using stmsboot -L I tried everything still not able to got the solution till I able to get these o/p here is native disk info as well physical wat is the logical OS name of the disk ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Curious MPxIO problem

Hello folks, I have a newly installed Solaris 10 system running on a T6320 blade. I have set up LDM with the intent to move an ldom from another blade to this one. So far, so good. I had the SAN folks make the LUNs belonging to the ldom visible to my new blade and I can see them, all 4 paths.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranck
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Migrate from MPXIO to Powerpath

Here is the issue: I am building a database server using Solaris 10x86 U8. The system is jumpstarted with mpxio enabled and booting from the san. We need to have powerpath 5.3 installed and would like to have powerpath take control of the the boot san as well or have mpxio control the san... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabru72
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 + mpxio Path

Hi, I have an Oracle/Sun T3-2 Server with a duel SAS controller Fujitsu DX60 array attached. I have 2 x SAS HBA's in the T3-2. One HBA cabled to CM0 and one HBA cabled to CM1 of the array. The array is setup with one RAID GROUP and one VOLUME and one LUN In Solaris I can see one device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

10. Solaris

MPxIO Multipathing Problem

Hi, I believe this is an OS multipathing issue - Solaris 10 We have x2 Dual port 8GB Qlogic HBA's installed in our SOlaris 10 host. HBA0 (IOU0) Port WWN's - 09f4 (pci@3,700000/SUNW,qlc@0) 09f5 (pci@3,700000/SUNW,qlc@0,1) HBA1 (IOU1) Port WWN's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies
BHYVELOAD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      BHYVELOAD(8)

NAME
bhyveload -- load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve virtual machine SYNOPSIS
bhyveload [-c cons-dev] [-d disk-path] [-e name=value] [-h host-path] [-m mem-size] vmname DESCRIPTION
bhyveload is used to load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve(4) virtual machine. bhyveload is based on loader(8) and will present an interface identical to the FreeBSD loader on the user's terminal. The virtual machine is identified as vmname and will be created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c cons-dev cons-dev is a tty(4) device to use for bhyveload terminal I/O. The text string "stdio" is also accepted and selects the use of unbuffered standard I/O. This is the default value. -d disk-path The disk-path is the pathname of the guest's boot disk image. -e name=value Set the FreeBSD loader environment variable name to value. The option may be used more than once to set more than one environment variable. -h host-path The host-path is the directory at the top of the guest's boot filesystem. -m mem-size [K|k|M|m|G|g|T|t] mem-size is the amount of memory allocated to the guest. The mem-size argument may be suffixed with one of K, M, G or T (either upper or lower case) to indicate a multiple of Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes or Terabytes respectively. The default value of mem-size is 256M. EXAMPLES
To create a virtual machine named freebsd-vm that boots off the ISO image /freebsd/release.iso and has 1GB memory allocated to it: bhyveload -m 1G -d /freebsd/release.iso freebsd-vm To create a virtual machine named test-vm with 256MB of memory allocated, the guest root filesystem under the host directory /user/images/test and terminal I/O sent to the nmdm(4) device /dev/nmdm1B bhyveload -m 256MB -h /usr/images/test -c /dev/nmdm1B test-vm SEE ALSO
bhyve(4), nmdm(4), vmm(4), bhyve(8), loader(8) HISTORY
bhyveload first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0, and was developed at NetApp Inc. AUTHORS
bhyveload was developed by Neel Natu <neel@FreeBSD.org> at NetApp Inc with a lot of help from Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
bhyveload can only load FreeBSD as a guest. BSD
January 7, 2012 BSD