Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how preserve the content of the text box Post 302365018 by Scott on Sunday 25th of October 2009 09:18:10 AM
Old 10-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by therockravi
Yaeee... Its working...
thanx a lot scottn...
It took 3hrs for me but i couldnt figure it out

---------- Post updated at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:26 AM ----------

I have now another issue....
when I try therocks"
I get therocks" in my text box..
Still my text box is not totally preserved...

ne help..

thanx

Hi.

So the single quote was confusing value=... and now maybe the double quote is confusing print ".....

So you need to escape that.

There should be a perl function to deal with this (it is the language of choice for this kind of thing).

Perhaps something like
Code:
use HTML::Entities;

$value = encode_entities( $value );

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto sending text files from SCO box to a PC via serial cable

I have an SCO system with several PC's hooked up via ProComm and serial cabling (no Ethernet). I want to occasionally transfer a small text file from the UNIX system to a specific PC without the PC operator having to do anything (she may be out to lunch or doing other work during the transfer) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbrowne
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gui text box code snippet?

Hello, I have written some scripts that query the user and waits for keyboard input for an answer. I was wondering if there is any generic code snippets out there that would allow me to run this as a GUI. I am thinking of a simple dialogue box that would display the question and have a text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP some text files from Windows box to unix

hi all, can anybody help me with script or command to ftp some text file from windows machine to AIX machine. this is shud be done by executing a shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suprithhr
1 Replies

4. Web Development

how to get newline in a text box

Hi, plz ignore the error in subject. i need new line in text area. I am designing a JSP in which i have to display a field taken from oracle DB table in a text area.. field is first selected from oracle thru C++ and passed to jsp in a variable as one long string. the problem is while inserting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Content format in a text file

Hi, I need to format the content in a text file as below format. Can some one help me how to approach? Also whether is it possible to convert the output to excel in column wise? Present: ============================================================================= Name: vinodh Status:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the specified content of the text into a variable.

I am having one string like ./usr1/Server/temp/app.env ./usr1/Server/temp/upp/app.env ./usr1/Server/ORIG_temp/app.env ./usr1/Server/ORIG_temp/upp/app.env ./usr1/Server/work_temp_40/app.env ./usr1/Server/work_temp_40/upp/app.env ./usr1/fd/app.env ./usr1/PurgeArchive/app.env ./usr1/bm/bin/app.env... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To compare the content of two text files

I have two files, sec.txt(1st File) 3172 disp.txt(2nd file) the file name is *********** 45676 Now i want to compare the value in sec.txt file with disp.txt file Excatly i want to compare the value 3172 in first file and 45676 in second file. i want to compare the first line of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
11 Replies

9. Web Development

How to copy a selected value of list box into a text box in html form?

hi, i have a list box , a text box and a button in a html form. list box displays some values, when a user selects a value from the list box and press the button. the selected value should be copied to the text box value. can any1 give me a html and javascript code to do this facility. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to preserve the same text and modify the same text to append?

Hi, I have an issue modifying a file. Below is the content of the file. File name - a.txt SELECT LISTAGG(SCORE), LISTAGG(VB), LISTAGG(SCORE*12 + 3), LISTAGG(DOB) from T_CONCAT ; SELECT LISTAGG(SCORE), LISTAGG(VB), LISTAGG(SCORE*100 + 3), from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
1 Replies
SYNCTEX(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							SYNCTEX(5)

NAME
synctex -- Synchronize TeXnology help file DESCRIPTION
Synchronize TeXnology help file (synctexs) are text files that help input/output synchronization during document preparation with the TeX typesetting system. BASICS
The structure of this file should not be considered public, in the sense that no one should need to parse its contents, except the synctex command line utility, and the synctex_parser library. Unless it is absolutely not avoidable, access to the contents of the synctex file should only be made through requests made to the synctex command line utility. STRUCTURE
The element structure of a synctex file is a list of text line records as follows. '*', '+', and '?' have their usual EBNF meanings: '*' means zero or more, '+' means one or more, and '?' means zero or one (i.e., optional). <SyncTeX> ::= (The whole contents in 4 sections) <Preamble> <Content> <Postamble> <Post Scriptum> Each section starts with the first occurrence of a sectioning line, and ends with the next section, if any. In the following definitions, we do not mention the section ending condition. The preamble <Preamble> ::= "SyncTeX Version:" <Version Number> <EOL> <Input Line>* "Magnification:" <TeX magnification> <EOL> "Unit:" <unit in scaled point> <EOL> "X Offset:" <horizontal offset in scaled point> <EOL> "Y Offset:" <vertical offset in scaled point> <EOL> <Input Line> ::= "Input:" <tag> ":" <File Name> <EOL> The content <Content> ::= <byte offset record> "Content:" <EOL> <sheet(1)> <Input Line>* <sheet(2)> <Input Line>* ... <sheet(N)> <Input Line>* <byte offset record> ::= "!" <byte offset> <end of record> <sheet(n)> ::= <byte offset record> "{" <the integer n> <end of record>/ <box content>* <byte offset record> "}" <the integer n> <end of record> The <box content> describes what is inside a box. It is either a vertical or horizontal box, with some records related to glue, kern or math nodes. <box content> ::= <vbox section>|<hbox section> |<void vbox record>|<void hbox record> |<current record>|<glue record>|<kern record>|<math record> <vbox section> ::= "[" <link> ":" <point> ":" <size> <end of record> <box content>* "]" <end of record> <hbox section> ::= ( <link> ":" <point> ":" <size> <end of record> <box content>* ")" <end of record> Void boxes: <void vbox record> ::= "v" <link> ":" <point> ":" <size> <end of record> <void hbox record> ::= "h" <link> ":" <point> ":" <size> <end of record> <size> ::= <Width> "," <Height> "," <Depth> <Width> ::= <integer> <Height> ::= <integer> <Depth> ::= <integer> <link> ::= <tag> "," <line>( "," <column>)? <line> ::= <integer> <column> ::= <integer> The forthcoming records are basic one liners. <current record> ::= "x" <link> ":" <point> <end of record> <kern record> ::= "k" <link> ":" <point> ":" <Width> <end of record> <glue record> ::= "g" <link> ":" <point> <end of record> <math record> ::= "$" <link> ":" <point> <end of record> The postamble The postamble closes the file If there is no postamble, it means that the typesetting process did not end correctly. <Postamble>::= <byte offset record> "Count:" <Number of records> <EOL> The post scriptum The post scriptum contains material possibly added by 3rd parties. It allows to append some transformation (shift and magnify). Typically, one applies a dvi to pdf filter with offset options and magnification, then he appends the same options to the synctex file, for example synctex update -o foo.pdf -m 0.486 -x 9472573sp -y 13.3dd source.dvi <Post Scriptum>::= <byte offset record> "Post Scriptum:" <EOL> "Magnification:" <number> <EOL> (Set additional magnification) "X Offset:" <dimension> <EOL> (Set horizontal offset) "Y Offset:" <dimension> <EOL> (Set vertical offset) This second information will override the offset and magnification previously available in the preamble section. All the numbers are encoded using the decimal representation with "C" locale. USAGE
The <current record> is used to compute the visible size of hbox's. The byte offset is an implicit anchor to navigate the synctex file from sheet to sheet. Independant Mar 13, 2012 Independant