Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting accessing a variable or array of one script in another Post 302364992 by tprayush on Sunday 25th of October 2009 04:47:58 AM
Old 10-25-2009
thanx varontron !! but my actual problem is stated below!!
here is the script sample1.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
tab=$1;
declare -a ${tab}_fld;
for((i=1;i<=4;i++))
do
   echo -n "enter ${tab}_fld[$i] :";read ${tab}_fld[$i];
done

eval echo \${${tab}_fld[3]};

export  ${tab}_fld;
 export tab;
 perl -e '
   $tab="$ENV{'tab'}"."_fld";
   print ("$tab\n");
  print ("env: $ENV{'"$tab[3]"'} \n");
 '

Code:
$ ./sample1.sh hell
enter hell_fld[1] :1
enter hell_fld[2] :2
enter hell_fld[3] :3
enter hell_fld[4] :4
syntax error at -e line 4, near "hell["
Execution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.

i want to access the 'hell_fld' array declared above.
infact, i want access the array in sample1.sh through another script like ..
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
$tab="$ENV{'tab'}"."_fld";
 print ("$tab\n");
 print ("env: $ENV{'"$tab[3]"'} \n");

is there any way to make this possible? plz help.

thanx!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing shell script variable in file

Hi, I have a shell script in which there is a file conn_$temp where $temp has the pid of the shell script. in this shell script i have an embedded awk script that must read the file while ((getline < "conn_$temp") > 0) However due to the "$temp" in the file name, the awk script is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HIMANI
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing single elements of a awk array in END

How do I access one of the indices in array tst with the code below? tst=sprintf("%5.2f",Car / 12) When I scan thru the array with for ( i in tst ) { print i,tst } I get the output of: vec-7 144 But when I try this in the END print tst It looks like it's not set. What am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing awk array from shell

Hi, i want awk to read a file and place it's content into two arrays. When trying to read these arrays with a "for a in ${source_path} "-Loop it gives the right result. But when trying to access directly (/bin/echo ${source_path}) it doesn't work. I read "all "the awk threads in this forum and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bateman23
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing array elements

Hi, My doubt is how to access array elements.. Situation is as below: #!/bin/ksh set -x typeset -i x=0 typeset -i y=0 typeset -i BID=0 typeset -i count=0 while ] ; do x=`expr $x + 1`; hwmgr show scsi > scsi.tmp while read line; do set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing a variable from another script

Hi, Can anyone assist me on how to access a variable in a shell script from another script. for ex, Script-1 ------- #! /bin/sh c=10 Where as, i would like to access the velue of variable c in another script 'Script-2'. Thankyou to all in advance !! :b: :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing array elements

Hi all, I can’t resolve an array element access issue on (Linux/pdksh) .. So I’m positing for advice.By the way - a friend demonstrated to me - same script works as expected under Solaris. I have been working on a documentation project where many *.jpg screen shots are used in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njdpo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to store the variable in a table or array.

Hi, I have few variable say 10 ex:- l_pc_291334_01_0_01_00.cmp l_pc_441133_50_0_02_00.cmp l_pc_441133_55_0_02_00.cmp Each variable value is coming via loop on a table. I want to create a script that stores these value to a table or array ( But one by one not all at one time as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkumar.b2
4 Replies

10. AIX

Oracle output to an array variable in script

Hi- I am returning output of an query into a array variable in my shell script. set -A DATE_RANGE `sqlplus -s **/**@** << EOF set termout off set echo off set serveroutput off set pagesize 0 set linesize 500 set heading off set verify off set feedback off select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vputtas@gmail.c
1 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)