Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rhel installation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat rhel installation Post 302364972 by fpmurphy on Saturday 24th of October 2009 08:07:37 PM
Old 10-24-2009
There is a pretty good Kickstart GUI configuration utility available in RHEL. See /usr/sbin/system-config-kickstart. You may have to install it on your system as it is an optional package.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RHEL 5 installation problem

Hi everyone, I m new here and I have few questions regarding RHEL installation. The story goes like this... I have a PC with the following specifications: 1. ASUS P5N-MX motherboard with on-board GForce 7050/nforce 610i chipset 2. Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor 3. Two SATA HDD(250GB + 160GB)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: willa
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL Installation issue.

Hi Gurus I am trying to install RHEL linux enterprise Edition v5 on a Dell Optiplex 320 desktop. After the Grub menu,i get the error,Kernel could not be loaded. I am a newbie in linux and would appreciate any help in moving forward. Thanks HG (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL installation on HP NetServer LH6000

Dear experts, Can any one suggest, whether RHEL is supported in HP NetServer LH6000 U3 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rhel installation

just confused.im about to install red hat now however in partition, do I need to put /swap on Mount point? pls advise as Im confused (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

5. AIX

RHEL Installation using NIM

We are primarily a AIX shop and we will be building our first Linux server on Intel server. I would like to know if someone has experience installing RHEL using NIM running on AIX. I would like to know if this is possible. If yes, how will the network boot and NFS work without using 3 rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installation RHEL in External hard disk.

Hi all. Can i install RHEl5 in a external hard disk, work on lenovo T60 laptop. Plz reply me. Tell me the process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagaraju.kappal
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installation of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1

i run Health Check/Validation for "Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (12.1.1) Preinstall (Linux x86 and x86_64)" im getting following errors : 1.Some of the required software tools for the the application tier of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (12.1.1) installation were not found. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Vulnerability with ssh in OpenSSH in an RHEL installation

There was a security analysis run on one server which has RHEL 5.8 installed and it is showing security vulnerabilities with respect to ssh in OpenSSH with reference no CVE-2007-4752. The vulnerability solution in the security report is showing solution as below: 1) Download and apply the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. Linux

Installation issue RHEL 6.5 on SAN

HI All I am facing issue in installation of Red Hat 6.5 on SAN.. i am having a partion of 2 TB in my SAN and i am installing the operating system after completed the installation it not booting and giving the error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
2 Replies
lsmsa(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  lsmsa(8)

NAME
lsmsa - Starts the Storage Administrator (SA) graphical user interface (GUI) SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/lsmsa DESCRIPTION
SA is the graphical user interface for LSM. SA runs on a Tru64 UNIX system on which LSM is initialized and running. The SA client runs on any machine that supports the Java Runtime Environment. Issue the lsmsa command to display the SA main window. This window serves both as the starting point for all SA GUI-managed tasks and as a monitor for LSM file status. When the main window is displayed, a hierarchical view of LSM objects is presented. Clicking on an object dis- plays the objects of that type and a table of information about them. The SA GUI requires that the SA daemon be running. It is automatically started at boot time. Under normal conditions, the daemon does not need to be run manually. However, if SA does not connect to the server, stop the SA daemon by entering: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa stop Restart the daemon, by entering: /sbin/init.d/lsmsa start Then run /usr/bin/lsmsa as before. RESTRICTIONS
To use this utility, you must be the root user or be a member of the LSMSA administration group in the /etc/group file (lsmsa_admin by default). In addition, you must register the Advanced File System Utilities license. FILES
The SA preferences file stored in the user's home directory. SEE ALSO
lsmsad(8), volintro(8) lsmsa(8)