Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command and pruning .dirs Post 302364873 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 24th of October 2009 11:36:05 AM
Old 10-24-2009
You could try :
Code:
find $FILES -name working -prune -o -name .s\* -prune -o -name "FY2010*" -exec mv {} $FILES/working/perbud/ \;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find all man dirs and build windex... HELP!

Hi all, My goal is to find all my 'man' dirs in my sw structure and from that create a windex db. I get many new software dirs every week soo I need to rebuild the windex db very often. I've started with this: OS: Solaris 8 #!/bin/bash find /sw/tools -type d -name 'man*' -print ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonlu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using grep to find a value in current dir and sub dirs?

Hey guys, I would like to find all files which contain "client1.dat". I would like to search from the current directory and all subs and print out all the files that have this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecupirate1998
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script find files in two dirs HELP

I have a directory which is /home/mark/files/ , inside this particular I have a bunch of filles (see examples below) TST_SHU_00014460_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00016047_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00007838_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00056485_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00014460_20090303.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierusbentus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find most recent files in dirs and tar them up?

Hey all.. This should be simple but stoopid here can't get head around it! I have many directories, say 100 each with many files inside. I need a script to traverse through the dirs, find most recent file in each dir and add it to a tar file. I can find the files with something like for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobdung
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

how to find a string in file under multiple level dirs

Hi, i am asking a command to find a string in file(s) from multiple level directory structures. help would be really appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ywu081006
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use use /usr/bin/find for 4 digit year dirs only

I have lots of directories in ~/. My diaries are stored in directories in ~/ containing exactly 4 digits. How do I use the /usr/bin/find command to only search my diary directories? So I would like my search to include ~/2009/abc/def and ~/2010/2001/33 but not ~/103/ or ~/20101/ or ~/201/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

df command for listing 90% + dirs and hostname condition

df -k | grep -v dcs |grep -v Filesystem| awk -F" " '{if(substr($5,0,length($5)-1)>87)print $5" " $6}' >> sms.txt 1) Is it the correct way to list all the filesystems > 90% 2) Is there any way to print hostname in this command ? The hostname should get printed in sms.txt file only when there... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
9 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

find all the dirs starting with particular name

Hi Experts, I want to find all the dirs , subdirs on the sever which start with "sr". Can anyone let me know command for the same. find . -type d -name sr* I tried this but it is not working. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for command line to find dirs based on size and date

Hi, My first time on this site, please excuse me if I've come to the wrong forum. I'm fairly new to Unix/Linux and hoping you can help me out. I'm looking for a command line that will return a list of directories that are larger than 50M and older than 2 days. I thought it may be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wisconsingal
6 Replies
GIT-PRUNE(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-PRUNE(1)

NAME
       git-prune - Prune all unreachable objects from the object database

SYNOPSIS
       git prune [-n] [-v] [--progress] [--expire <time>] [--] [<head>...]

DESCRIPTION
	   Note
	   In most cases, users should run git gc, which calls git prune. See the section "NOTES", below.

This runs git fsck --unreachable using all the refs available in refs/, optionally with additional set of objects specified on the command
       line, and prunes all unpacked objects unreachable from any of these head objects from the object database. In addition, it prunes the
       unpacked objects that are also found in packs by running git prune-packed. It also removes entries from .git/shallow that are not reachable
       by any ref.

Note that unreachable, packed objects will remain. If this is not desired, see git-repack(1).

OPTIONS
       -n, --dry-run
	   Do not remove anything; just report what it would remove.

-v, --verbose
	   Report all removed objects.

--progress
	   Show progress.

--expire <time>
	   Only expire loose objects older than <time>.

--
	   Do not interpret any more arguments as options.

<head>...
	   In addition to objects reachable from any of our references, keep objects reachable from listed <head>s.

EXAMPLE
       To prune objects not used by your repository or another that borrows from your repository via its .git/objects/info/alternates:

$ git prune $(cd ../another && git rev-parse --all)

NOTES
       In most cases, users will not need to call git prune directly, but should instead call git gc, which handles pruning along with many other
       housekeeping tasks.

For a description of which objects are considered for pruning, see git fsck's --unreachable option.

SEE ALSO
       git-fsck(1), git-gc(1), git-reflog(1)

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							      GIT-PRUNE(1)