Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl how to escape (|) character Post 302364822 by pritish.sas on Saturday 24th of October 2009 04:57:19 AM
Old 10-24-2009
perl how to escape (|) character

Code:
my @array;
my $sepa = "|";
print $sepa;
open FH, "<100_20091023_2.txt";
while(<FH>){

push @array, split(/\$sepa/, $_);
  print "@array\n\n";

}

I am not able split the line which have | separated

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-24-2009 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

possible to escape the \ character in sed?

is it possible to escape the \ character in sed? right now I'm trying to replace all occurances of \ with \\ sed \"s|test|test_replacement|g\" file1 > output; #this works fine sed \"s|\\|\\\|g\" file1 > output; #this generates the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 17:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gammaman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character in vi?

I want to replace a string which contains "/" in vi but what is the escape character for forward slash? e.g. I have a text file with the contents below and I want to replace "/Top/Sub/Sub1" with "ABC". /Top/Sub/Sub1 The replace command I am using is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / escape character

Hi I'm trying to split a dir listing eg /home/foo1/foo2 I'm using ksh I've tried dir=/home/foo1/foo2 splitit=`echo $dir | awk -F '\/' '{print $1}'` echo $splitit nothing is output! I have checked the escape character. The only one I have found is \ BTW `pwd` | awk -F \/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character

Hi , I want to change space to ' in my script. I tried doing this, sed 's/ /\'/g' filename but i could not get it. can some one help me please. Thanks, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character - sed

Hi All, How do i write in sed for the 6th and 7th field of etc/passwd file as it involves "/" character? Does mine below is correct? It's incomplete script as i need help with syntax as i always getting may errors :( Example of etc/passwd file: blah:x:1055:600:blah... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace \ (escape character)

All , i have input line as below . abc\ , ewioweioi \, and want the output as below removing the "\" abc , ewioweioi , could anyone help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape special character

Hi, How to use * in call to pl/sql block from shell script? The line "select * from" is causing all files and directiores to show up in email notification but if I give all column names then it works, Please let me know how to use '*' instead of giving all column names, in other wirds how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Escape special character

My input is: jdbc:Oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.147.109.211)(PORT=1526))(CONNECT_DAT A=(SID= MWDBD22))) In the search pattern, ( and ) and . and @ are special RE, and need to be escaped \( and \) and \. and \@ how can i do it by script or command (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh escape a character

friends, I have a situation where i am using a $RANDOM function along with the filename, I want this to be escaped by the OS in the first assignment (works as expected) and executed in the second assignment (does not execute $RANDOM) filename1=filename1_\$RANDOM echo $filename1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji M
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to add escape character before specified character

Hi , I am looking for a function which will do the following. 1. I have a variable which will hold few special chracter like SPECIAL_CHARS="& ;"2. I have an escape character. ESCAPE_CHAR="\"3. Now when I passed some string in the function it will return the same string but now it will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
8 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX