Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read a file content with awk and sed Post 302364769 by ghostdog74 on Friday 23rd of October 2009 07:44:54 PM
Old 10-23-2009
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=")"}
{
   for (i=1;i<NF;i++){
    gsub(/.*\(/,"",$i)
    if($i ~ /[0-9]+/) print $i
   }
}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file and use the content for mapping

help me pls.. :( i want to read a mapping file. Below is the content of my mapping file. 6221,189,SMSC1,OMC1,WAP1 6223,188,SMSC2,OMC2,WAP2 so when my program running msisdn="622130302310" while not EOF if substring($msisdn,1,4) == "6221" -- > "6221" read from the file then echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: voidmain
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file content

i have one file abhi.txt its contents are home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup/file1 home8/mc09ats/file2 i want to read this content of file using while loop.. in this i want to seperate the content as follows path=home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup file=file1 echo path echo file can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, awk [TAG]$content[/TAG] How to get var in $content in textfile?

Hello, I got a Qstion. Im posting to a phpbb forum with bash and curl.. i have a text file with the following tags that i post to the forum: $var1 $var2 $var3 How can i with sed or awk put var content from shell script between the ... in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read content between xml tags with awk, grep, awk or what ever...

Hello, I trying to extract text that is surrounded by xml-tags. I tried this cat tst.xml | egrep "<SERVER>.*</SERVER>" |sed -e "s/<SERVER>\(.*\)<\/SERVER>/\1/"|tr "|" " " which works perfect, if the start-tag and the end-tag are in the same line, e.g.: <tag1>Hello Linux-Users</tag1> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK file read & manipulation

I have large number of data files, close to 300 files, lets say all files are same kind and have extension .dat , each file have mulitple lines in it. There is a unique line in each file containing string 'SERVER'. Right after this line there is another line which contain a string 'DIGIT=0',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sal_tx
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing files content with sed or awk

Hi, Example File: (jumped, bumped, ) how to jumped, FROM tree; EXIT I have some hundreads of files like this with the different words and I want to remove the comma before the bracket and also I have to remove the comma before FROM word. I am trying to use this command : awk '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajshashi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Couldn't read file' error in bash script with expect, sed and awk!

Ok, so I have a bash script with an embedded expect statement. Inside of the expect statement, i'm trying to pull all of the non-comment lines from the /etc/oratab file one at a time. Here's my command: cat /etc/oratab |sed /^s*#/d\ | awk 'NR==1'|awk -F: '{print \"$1\"}'|. oraenv Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexdglover
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
BEGIN(7)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						  BEGIN(7)

NAME
BEGIN - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
BEGIN [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] [ transaction_mode [, ...] ] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY [ NOT ] DEFERRABLE DESCRIPTION
BEGIN initiates a transaction block, that is, all statements after a BEGIN command will be executed in a single transaction until an explicit COMMIT(7) or ROLLBACK(7) is given. By default (without BEGIN), PostgreSQL executes transactions in "autocommit" mode, that is, each statement is executed in its own transaction and a commit is implicitly performed at the end of the statement (if execution was successful, otherwise a rollback is done). Statements are executed more quickly in a transaction block, because transaction start/commit requires significant CPU and disk activity. Execution of multiple statements inside a transaction is also useful to ensure consistency when making several related changes: other sessions will be unable to see the intermediate states wherein not all the related updates have been done. If the isolation level, read/write mode, or deferrable mode is specified, the new transaction has those characteristics, as if SET TRANSACTION (SET_TRANSACTION(7)) was executed. PARAMETERS
WORK, TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. Refer to SET TRANSACTION (SET_TRANSACTION(7)) for information on the meaning of the other parameters to this statement. NOTES
START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)) has the same functionality as BEGIN. Use COMMIT(7) or ROLLBACK(7) to terminate a transaction block. Issuing BEGIN when already inside a transaction block will provoke a warning message. The state of the transaction is not affected. To nest transactions within a transaction block, use savepoints (see SAVEPOINT(7)). For reasons of backwards compatibility, the commas between successive transaction_modes can be omitted. EXAMPLES
To begin a transaction block: BEGIN; COMPATIBILITY
BEGIN is a PostgreSQL language extension. It is equivalent to the SQL-standard command START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)), whose reference page contains additional compatibility information. The DEFERRABLE transaction_mode is a PostgreSQL language extension. Incidentally, the BEGIN key word is used for a different purpose in embedded SQL. You are advised to be careful about the transaction semantics when porting database applications. SEE ALSO
COMMIT(7), ROLLBACK(7), START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)), SAVEPOINT(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 BEGIN(7)