Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling Objective-C 2.0 under Linux Post 302364600 by inquen on Friday 23rd of October 2009 01:19:13 PM
Old 10-23-2009
Thank you for your response, Could you provide me with any information that might point me in the direction of an update GNUStep compiler that might be able to use those features on Linux?

Normal Objective-C programs run fine on my installation of Ubuntu.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

compiling linux driver to run on HPUX

Hi, a friend of mine gave me an old HP B180 Unix Workstation with HPUX, the only problem with that, the onboard graphicsbaord doesn´t work anymore. I want to buy a new PCI Graphicsboard (350RAMDAC), but they only have Linux drivers going with the card. Question: Is it possible to compile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilbi
4 Replies

2. Linux

Compiling Apple Top on Linux

Hello all. I recently tried compiling Apple's version of top on my Linux system. Can someone with some C experience explain why it won't build . . . and any tips to getting it to compile. Any help appreciated. BTW, you can pick up the Apple source code here: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blahblah
0 Replies

3. Programming

Cross compiling under Windows for Linux

I have two headless servers I am writing code for, and a Windows box networked with them. I want to compile my code within an IDE on the Windows box (eclipse most likely) and run the compiled binarys on the Linux boxes. Will this work? Using Cygwin (or MinGW)? Thoughts? Cheers, Ian (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
8 Replies

4. Linux

Automate compiling of linux kernel

Hi, I'm a newbie at kernel compilation. Currently trying to do a bash script to automate the compiling process of the linux kernel. I'm having some problems with automating the configuration. I know its possible to load an existing .config file in the make menuconfig screen prompt. But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloe_vera
3 Replies

5. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling FORTRAN into Linux

Hello, I use Linux on Ubuntu 12.04. I have a fortran script with extension .f and I want to compile it to an executable file in linux. I have used this command: f77 -o snp_hwe.exe snp_hwe.f But I receive this error: (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld returned 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pro*c file Compiling Issue in suse Linux

The existing .pc (pro *C) file is running successfully in UNIX. But when Iam trying to compile this same file in LINUX using proc iname filename.pc, Iam getting an error, proc file not recognized. Could someone help how to generate execute file from the proc*c file. what are the prerequisites... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrambharat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling Android system on Linux MInt

i have been trying to compile an android Marshmello system with no success. every time i try to compile i get this error javac: invalid source release: 1.7s Usage: javac <options> <source files> make: *** Error 41 #### make failed to build some targets (03:04 (mm:ss)) ####... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gearm
2 Replies
otest(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  otest(1)

NAME
otest -- SenTestingKit, OCUnit. SYNOPSIS
otest [-SenTest Self | All | None | <TestCaseClassName/testMethodName>] path DESCRIPTION
otest runs the unit tests found in the bundle given at path. ARGUMENTS
-SenTest value This flag denotes the scope of the unit test to be run. Possible values are Self, All, None and <TestCaseClassName/test- MethodName>. The default value is Self. path Path to the bundle that contains the unit tests. OBJECTIVE-C GARBAGE COLLECTION otest is built with support for Objective-C garbage collection. Due to the "whole process" nature of Objective-C garbage collection, invok- ing otest from the command line or an IDE or debugger will run otest with garbage collection enabled. Doing so requires that the bundle con- taining the unit tests also be built with support for garbage collection. To avoid this requirement and disable garbage collection, run otest in an environment with the OBJC_DISABLE_GC environment variable set to YES. ENVIRONMENT
OBJC_DISABLE_GC Set to YES to disable Objective-C garbage collection for otest when running test bundles that do not use it. FILES
/Developer/Tools/RunTargetUnitTests A script that calls otest with the correct arguments for use with Xcode. SEE ALSO
RunTargetUnitTests(1), otest(1) Xcode June 2, 2019 Xcode