Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX find firmware level through HMC Post 302364595 by balaji_prk on Friday 23rd of October 2009 01:07:10 PM
Old 10-23-2009
Thanks ippo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Find run-level in solaris 8.

When the solaris 8 have come up, which command can find out the current run-level? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nianzhe
2 Replies

2. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files on first level folder

Hi: I have: folderA |----folderB |----folder1 |----folder2 |----folder3 |----folder3.1 Question: How can I find *.txt ONLY from /folderA/folderB/ and not the others folder1,2,3?? I tried: find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find the Latest Firmware

Dear All I have a Sun Fire v440 server. How to find the latest firmware for this server and from where i can download the firmware. What is theprocedure install the latest firmware. please share the process if possible. How can i check the latest firmware of any sun server. Tahnk u... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

6. Hardware

I need help to download firmware fo HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5

All, I need to upgrade my HMC from version 7.3.4 to vervion 7.3.5. The HMC has a Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 . Where could I download the firmware for such hardware (HMC Machine type of 7310-CR2 Xseries 335 )? Please answer because I need to upgrade that HMC the HMC to bring to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesifra
3 Replies

7. AIX

HMC firmware update - "Hard drive" LIC repository ?

Hi, I want to update managed system firmware using HMC. The easiest way to me is to download firmware directly to HMC hard disk. Question: Where shoud I put downloaded firmware in HMC hard disk ? - selection says "Hard disk" - no path no anything. thanks Vilius M. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

8. AIX

HMC updates managed system firmware on both T and P sides ?

Hi, I'm planning to update managed system firmware to new release using HMC. This is cite from IBM documentation describing HMC managed system updates: What I know we install new firmware to T side and in case some problems we boot P side and reject new fw on T. So if HMC updates both T and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find Firmware revision ?

I am having a Sun-Fire-T2000 server which is having Solaris OS running on it. I am not able to find an exact Firmware version. Please suggest something. sc> showhost Host flash versions: OBP 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:24 Hypervisor 1.7.3.a 2009/10/29 15:50 POST 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:47... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Move Files up One Level

Hi All, So I have another question. I'm trying to search for files with a certain extension and then move all of them up one level in the folder hierarchy. So something like this: original: /path/to/file/test.txt after: /path/to/test.txt I had some great help recently with another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
4 Replies
I2M19058(1)							     GNU Info							       I2M19058(1)

NAME
ift-extract.info - ift-extract.info Built-in iSight firmware extractor and patcher ift-extract extract the Built-in iSight firmware from Apple driver and patch it to avoid some bugs in it. The firmware is then ready to get loaded into the chip using ift-load. * Menu: Finding the Apple driver: see "Driver" Command line options: see "Options" See also "Copying" 1 Finding the Apple driver ift-extract extract Built-in iSight firmware from Apple iSight driver. This driver is located at /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleUSBVideoSupport on your Mac OS X root partition. There is several version of this driver depending on driver version or host architecture (PowerPC or x86). Thus, ift-extract must determine know the variant of the driver in order to properly extract the firmware. Any AppleUSBVideoSupport file starting with those shipped with iMac G5 iSight must work. If not, please report unknown AppleUSBVideoSupport at bugreport mail address with machine type and OS X version. 2 Command line options `-a' `--apple-driver' Apple driver filename where to extract the firmware. `-d' `--output-directory' The directory where to output the firmware. Defaults to /lib/firmware. `-f' `--output-filename' The output firmware name. Defaults to isight.fw `-?' `--help' Shows option help and quit. Since ift-extract defaults to output the firmware to /lib/firmware/isight.fw, ensure you have the right to do so. 3 Copying isight-firmware-tools is a project developped by A~Xtienne Bersac based on the work of Ronald S. Bultje, Johannes Berg and Ivan N. Zlatev. This manual has been written by A~Xtienne Bersac. Copyright (C) 2007 A~Xtienne Bersac <bersace@gmail.com> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-09 I2M19058(1)