Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: at jobs.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting at jobs. Post 302364500 by Franklin52 on Friday 23rd of October 2009 08:19:01 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Is this homework?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jobs

I am running this script below as a cron job for user root. In fact I set this job early last week and expected it to delete archive logs older than 7 days, but doesn't work - just displays the echo messages and no error. Can somebody advise me the probable causes ?? DAY_AFTER=7; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbaskar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

3. Solaris

at jobs

how to schedule a reboot using the at jobs ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priky
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

5. SCO

Create at jobs

Dear Experts, I would like to know how to create at jobs from scratch, i.e. files to modify, files to create etc. For example, i would like my system to be able to backup data everyday at 13:00 and restart everyday at 0600. How do i make atjobs regenerate the jobs. Am using Sco Openserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njoroge
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cron jobs

Hi Frenz, How do we get a cron job running in background to foreground ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkalase
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
SCOLASYNC(1)						       scolasync User Manual						      SCOLASYNC(1)

NAME
scolasync - a file manager dedicated to dealing with a collection of removable media, like music mobile players. It makes easier to copy files to a set of removable media, and to copy files from them. SYNOPSIS
scolasync [{-c | --check}] DESCRIPTION
scolasync allows you to send a series of files towards a set of removable media. Every individual removable storage device is identified, for example to its owner. Then, later, you can retreive modified files from the same collection of removable media and track the modifications attributable to each owner. A possible usage is with students learning a foreign language: they are given homework on their USB sticks, and they bring them back with modified contents to get scores. OPTIONS
-c , --check Enables checkboxes to select a subset of the usb storage media currently plugged to your computer, even if the checkboxes are not wanted in the preferences of the application. FILES
${HOME}/.scolasync/db A database containing the preferences of the application, and the mapping between owners and USB storage media. /usr/share/scolasync/marques.py A dictionary of pecularities which come with some brands of USB storage media. ${HOME}/.scolasync/marques.py This dictionary overrides the settings in the system-wide configuration. ${HOME}/.scolasync/scolasync.log A log file for the application. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Georges Khaznadar This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. scolasync 06/23/2012 SCOLASYNC(1)