Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need tips on file manipulation Post 302364472 by Scott on Friday 23rd of October 2009 07:34:04 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Hi.

Could you please post a sample of data that reflects your requirement?

Otherwise, this makes assumptions:
Code:
awk '/^[0-9]{8}/ FS { print > FILENAME "_invoice_" $1}' input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File manipulation

I'm new to Unix and want to know if this type of file processing is feasible. I have a master file downloaded on Sundays. From Monday to Saturday a file containing changes and adds and a file containing deletes are downloaded. I'd like to apply the mon-sat files to the master file so that I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssp7423
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

To all Guru I have a file like test.txt 111,122,212,123 data11,date12, data13, data14...data1n data21,date22, data23, data24...data2n data31,date32, data33, data34...data3n ... ... .. datan1,daten2, datan3, datan4...datann END I have to load this data into oracle , where first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file manipulation

Hi, I have a file with 3 lines like aaaabb abcdef wertyu now i want to insert a new character "Q" in the 3rd position of every line of the file.... I found a way to do it but i felt it is little complex. Do you guys have any ideas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddu_chittari
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Manipulation

Hi, i have a file with fixed record length with the following content (only one sentence) 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 12345678 87654321 hugo meyer friedhofpaul the numbers above are only the column-positions and not part of the file! Now i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Hello, I have a file of which six lines are given below: <a="b" value="N"/> <a="c" value="x1"/> <a="b" value="N"/> <a="c" value="x2"/> <a="b" value="Y"/> <a="c" value="x3"/> I need one file with all the lines just below where value="N"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file manipulation

Is there a way to cp/mv a set of files in a directory + sub directories without cp/mv'ing the sub-directories as well? eg. To copy all the *.pdf files in a directory + sub directory into a specified folder i would invoke " cp -R *.pdf ~/Home/ however, this would copy the subdirectories as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grkness
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation

Hi, I want to update the file with a value at a particular position $cat test.txt COL1=TEST COL2= COL3=AADSDFSDFDSFDFDF I want to update the file with a value for COL2. After update, the file should be like this $cat test.txt COL1=TEST COL2=1 COL3=AADSDFSDFDSFDFDF here 1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
9 Replies
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Payment(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 LedgerSMB::DBObject::Payment(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::DBOject::Payment - Payment Handling Back-end Routines for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
Provides the functions for generating the data structures payments made in LedgerSMB. This module currently handles only basic payment logic, and does handle overpayment logic, though these features will be moved into this module in the near future. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 The LedgerSMB Core Team. Licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or at your option any later version. Please see the included COPYRIGHT and LICENSE files for more information. METHODS
LedgerSMB::DBObject::Payment->new() Inherited from LedgerSMB::DBObject. Please see that documnetation for details. $payment->get_open_accounts() This function returns a list of open accounts depending on the $payment->{account_class} property. If this property is 1, it returns a list of vendor accounts, for 2, a list of customer accounts are returned. The returned list of hashrefs is stored in the $payment->{accounts} property. Each hashref has the following keys: id (entity id), name, and entity_class. An account is considered open if there are outstanding, unpaid invoices attached to it. Customer/vendor payment threshold is not considered for this calculation. text_amount($value) Returns the textual representation, as defined in localization rules, for the numeric value passed. get_metadata() Semi-private method for preparing the object for other tasks, such as displaying payment options. search() Seturns a series of payments matching the search criteria. Search results are also stored at $payment->{search_results}. get_open_accounts() Returns a list of open accounts for the payment operation. These are also stored on $payment->{accounts} $payment->get_entity_credit_account() Returns billing information for the current account, and saves it to an arrayref at $payment->{entity_accounts}/ $payment->get_all_accounts() This function returns a list of open or closed accounts depending on the $payment->{account_class} property. If this property is 1, it returns a list of vendor accounts, for 2, a list of customer accounts are returned. The returned list of hashrefs is stored in the $payment->{accounts} property. Each hashref has the following keys: id (entity id), name, and entity_class. $payment->reverse() This function reverses a payment. A payment is defined as one source ($payment->{source}) to one cash account ($payment->{cash_accno}) to one date ($payment->{date_paid}) to one vendor/customer ($payment->{credit_id}, $payment->{account_class}). This reverses the entries with that source. $payment->get_open_invoices() This function returns a list of open invoices depending on the $payment->{account_class}, $payment->{entity_id}, and $payment->{curr} properties. Account classes follow the conventions above. This list is hence specific to a customer or vendor and currency as well. The returned list of hashrefs is stored in the $payment->{open_invoices} property. Each hashref has the following keys: id (entity id), name, and entity_class. $payment->get_open_invoice() This function is an especific case of get_open_invoices(), because get_open_invoice() can search for a specific invoice, wich can be searched by the $payment->{invnumber} variable $payment->get_all_contact_invoices() This function returns a list of open accounts depending on the $payment->{account_class} property. If this property is 1, it returns a list of vendor accounts, for 2, a list of customer accounts are returned. Attached to each account is a list of open invoices. The data structure is somewhat complex. Each item in the list has the following keys: contact_id, contact_name, account_number, total_due, and invoices. The invoices entry is a reference to an array of hashrefs. Each of these hashrefs has the following keys: invoice_id, invnumber, invoice_date, amount, discount, and due. These are filtered based on the (required) properties: $payment->{account_class}, $payment->{business_type}, $payment->{date_from}, $payment->{date_to}, and $payment->{ar_ap_accno}. The $payment->{ar_ap_accno} property is used to filter out by AR or AP account. The following can also be optionally passed: $payment->{batch_id}. If this is patched, vouchers in the current batch will be picked up as well. The returned list of hashrefs is stored in the $payment->{contact} property. Each hashref has the following keys: id (entity id), name, and entity_class. list_open_projects This method gets the current date attribute, and provides a list of open projects. The list is attached to $self->{projects} and returned. list_departments This method gets the type of document as a parameter, and provides a list of departments of the required type. The list is attached to $self->{departments} and returned. list_open_vc This method gets the type of vc (vendor or customer) as a parameter, and provides a list of departments of the required type. The list is attached to $self->{departments} and returned. get_open_currencies This method gets a list of the open currencies inside the database, it requires that $self->{account_class} (must be 1 or 2) exist to work. WARNING THIS IS NOT BEEING USED BY THE SINGLE PAYMENT SYSTEM.... list_accounting This method lists all accounts that match the role specified in account_class property and are available to store the payment or receipts. =back list_overpayment_accounting This method lists all accounts that match the role specified in account_class property and are available to store an overpayment / advanced payment / pre-payment. =back get_sources This method builds all the possible sources of money, in the future it will look inside the DB. =back get_exchange_rate(currency, date) This method gets the exchange rate for the specified currency and date get_default_currency This method gets the default currency =back get_current_date This method returns the system's current date get_vc_info This method returns the contact informatino for a customer or vendor according to $self->{account_class} get_payment_detail_data This method sets appropriate project, department, etc. fields. post_bulk This function posts the payments in bulk. Note that queue_payments is not a common setting and rather this provides a hook for an add- on. This API was developed early in 1.3 and is likely to change for better encapsulation. Currenty it uses the following structure: Within the main hashref: contact_count The number of payments. One per contact. contact_$row for (1 .. contact_count), contact_$_ is the entity credit account's id associated with the current contact. We will call this $contact_id below. For each contact id, we have the following, suffixed with _$contact_id: source invoice_count Number of invoices to loop through invoice_${contact_id}_$row for $row in (1 .. invoice_count), each this provides the transaction id of the invoice. Each invoice has the following attributes, suffxed with ${invoice_id} amount paid net In the future the payment posting API will become more standardized and the conversion between flat and hierarchical representation will be moved to the workflow scripts. check_job To be moved into payment_queue addon. post_payment This method uses payment_post to store a payment (not a bulk payment) on the database. gather_printable_info This method retrieves all the payment related info needed to build a document and print it. IT IS NECESSARY TO ALREADY HAVE payment_id on $self get_open_overpayment_entities This method retrieves all the entities with the specified account_class which have unused overpayments get_unused_overpayments This is a simple wrapper around payment_get_unused_overpayments sql function. get_available_overpayment_amount Simple wrapper around payment_get_available_overpayment_amount sql function. init Initializes the num2text system num2text Translates numbers into words. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-25 LedgerSMB::DBObject::Payment(3pm)