Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Restricted File Creation for particuler pattern Post 302364462 by r00t4u on Friday 23rd of October 2009 06:46:09 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Restricted File Creation for particuler pattern

HI All, I have this wierd requirment. Any help will be appriciated.

I need to restrict file creation with certain pattern. Suppose, i want my system not to allow creation of files with *.exe extension. The requirment is that file should not be created like it happen in windows you can't create file with name "com, lpr etc etc" same thing i need in unix/linux..i want to create a rule saying that this system will not accept any file name ending with *.exe and *.txt.

Please advice..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

creation of a file

how to create a file with the same modification time as another file is having using the copy command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation

Hi, Is there any way to restrict directories with one type of file creation. regards. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guguli
8 Replies

3. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation

Hi I need to write a file with value value from Paramer which is passed from datastage. It should overwrite the file if already exists. Can anybody provide command for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnrj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restricted File Comparison

Hey guys, I've got a scripting problem that has been bugging me so thought I'd ask the wise people here! Basically I have two overlapping log files, and I want to get the newest lines from the new log file that aren't in the old log file - but not the old lines in the old log that aren't in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salamagd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Restricted shell with execution permission on a file

Hi, I've created a user which shell is the restricted one (/usr/lib/rsh), but I've realized that the user cannot execute a script !!! The scope was to allow the ssh access to a user that could not access to any other directories but there that user should be able to run a script that retrieves ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary0
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
UUID_TIME(3)							    Libuuid API 						      UUID_TIME(3)

NAME
uuid_time - extract the time at which the UUID was created SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> time_t uuid_time(uuid_t uu, struct timeval *ret_tv) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_time function extracts the time at which the supplied time-based UUID uu was created. Note that the UUID creation time is only encoded within certain types of UUIDs. This function can only reasonably expect to extract the creation time for UUIDs created with the uuid_generate_time(3) and uuid_generate_time_safe(3) functions. It may or may not work with UUIDs created by other mechanisms. RETURN VALUES
The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds since January 1, 1970 GMT (the epoch), is returned (see time(2)). The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds and microseconds since the epoch, is also stored in the location pointed to by ret_tv (see gettimeofday(2)). AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_TIME(3)