Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problems getting a segment from a string output Post 302364452 by tzvio on Friday 23rd of October 2009 05:48:25 AM
Old 10-23-2009
wow thanks!

that's look like it would solve this case Smilie

i don't really understand everything in that script. i need to learn more.

You got some good documents with examples that i can improve my knowledge ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems egreging for a '(0)' string

Hi, I'm trying to egreg for a couple strings whcih are (0) and SYSTEM. The problem is the syntax for egreg is: egreg "(string1|string2)" With my basic knowledge of UNIX I don't know how to include '(0)' within "(string1|string2)" apart from trying to use single quotes which doesn't work,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help please...output problems with printf.

#include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> // this function calculates the volume of a Cylinder int main(void) { int r; // radius int h; // height double M_PI; // pi int pOne = pow (r, 2); // get user input of radius and height printf ("Enter your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting segment of a string

Hi, I am using bash. My question concerns cutting out segments of a string. Given the following filename: S2002254132542.L1A_MLAC.x.hdf I have been able to successfully separate the string at the periods (.): $ L1A_FILE=S2002254132542.L1A_MLAC.x.hdf $ BASE=$(echo $L1A_FILE | awk -F.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a particular string from a set of string output

Hi , I have a line by line output as follows,for example output of ls sample1 sample2 sample i need to check if this output contains the exact string sample.If i use grep , it will find out all strings that contain sample as a part of their word.I dont want to do a pattern matching... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My output Problems

jnkjhjkhbjkhb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problems

#! /bin/csh set tt=12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr=`echo $tt | cut -d_ -f1` set rr1=welcome set ff=$rr $rr1 echo $ff why $ff returned only 12345 and not 12345welcome? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
2 Replies

8. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison problems

Req: =========== 1)I have one shell script a.sh 2)I opened Putty session , with user name = SIR100 , and i ran a.sh script in back ground and it took 5 minutes to complete.Meanwhile,i ran same script second time i.e a.sh with same user it sholud not allow to run the script , but it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as234301
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with one line output

my echo $var1 gives below value 1.7_NEW=25,1.7_RETAINED=30,1.7_RETURNING=40 i want it in 3 different values.... i.e. as echo $1.7_NEW=25 echo $1.7_RETAINED=30 echo $1.7_RETURNING=40 the o/p of $1.7_NEW should be 25..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)