Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression as parameter Post 302364441 by Gnappo on Friday 23rd of October 2009 05:13:29 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Thank you for the help on the count, now it works Smilie

As for the grep with the parameter, i resolved using egrep.

Bye!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing in regular expression as a parameter to sed

Hi All, Im using Bash. I have a pipe delimited config file which contains 3 columns, 1st column = location of a file to be chnaged 2 column = expression to find within file 3rd column = string to replace. A script will loop through the contetnts of this file and apply the changes using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameter Expansion with regular expression

Hello experts, I am exploring parameter expansion, and trying to cut the fields in a URL. Following is the requirement: I have // abc.nnt /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/somefile.java What i need to get is the path after dir3, and dir3 will be passed. output that i need is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjarms
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to use regular expression in C/C++ ?

how to code with regexp.h some one can give me instance? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKB48
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Can someone please explain me what does this mean? ^{1,50}$ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

Hello Gurus, I am looking for regular expressions for awk to filter on second column 2nd and 3rd digit Using in code something like: awk '{if ( $2 == "0::" ) print} source file: 0 0:0:0 FC 15 normal 559104 51200 0:3:1* 1:3:1 600 1 0:0:1 FC 15 normal ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalgoyal
2 Replies
XZGREP(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZGREP(1)

NAME
xzgrep - search compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
xzgrep [grep_options] [-e] pattern file... xzegrep ... xzfgrep ... lzgrep ... lzegrep ... lzfgrep ... DESCRIPTION
xzgrep invokes grep(1) on files which may be either uncompressed or compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to grep(1). If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep(1). When reading from standard input, gzip(1) and bzip2(1) compressed files are not supported. If xzgrep is invoked as xzegrep or xzfgrep then egrep(1) or fgrep(1) is used instead of grep(1). The same applies to names lzgrep, lze- grep, and lzfgrep, which are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
GREP If the GREP environment variable is set, xzgrep uses it instead of grep(1), egrep(1), or fgrep(1). SEE ALSO
grep(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zgrep(1) Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZGREP(1)