Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Startup error
Operating Systems Solaris Startup error Post 302364328 by TonyFullerMalv on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 05:59:19 PM
Old 10-22-2009
Looks like this might be helpful:
Advisory: (Revision) HP ProLiant BL680c G5 Server Blade or HP ProLiant DL580 G5 Server Configured with a 6-Core Intel Xeon 7400 Series Processor will Panic and Reboot Continuously During an Installation of SUN Solaris 10 5/08 - c01554955 - HP Busines

I understand MCA to be Micro-Channel Architecture bus from an IBM PS/2 PC the support of which has been dropped as mentioned in:
http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris...ng_Environment

The error message is annoying but as long as you not intend to use cards in an MCA bus then it is not a problem.

Last edited by TonyFullerMalv; 10-22-2009 at 07:04 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup File

I am running Mandrake 8.1 and am wondering what file Linux uses to start services. Such as MySQLD and Apache. I need to add a program to this startup file so that it loads when linux loads. Thanks Gregg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lynx startup

how to add an GUI application in a lynx 9.0 server start up. replies appreciated. raguram R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

4. AIX

Not executing during startup

I have a command in my iniitab as follows: dsmc:2a:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 But the command doe not appear to execute during a system boot. Not sure why. I am running AIX 5.1 Thanks for the help Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Startup scripts

Hi all We have HP UX 11.23 installed on 4 RISC servers (2 oracle databases, 2 Oracle App Servers) , we are in a construction period , so the power failure may happen more than once a day. I need to learn how to create an automatic startup services as in Windows, if we know that the services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Mountall error at system startup

Hi I have SVM on my Solaris 10 5/08 SPARC with the following configuration: d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Startup Fails with PHP Error

Great tins massive! Im Manqoba from Midrand, South Africa... I have installed Apache and PHP on a solaris 9 box, using the packages below: apache-2.2.14-sol9-sparc-local php-5.2.13-sol9-sparc-local After installing the packages I edited my httpd.conf file, to load the php5 module when... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macarena S.A
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)