Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation Post 302364322 by singla on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 05:32:21 PM
Old 10-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by salman103
Your 10GB space should be unpartitioned. Mean's size you are giving to UBUNTU must be non partitioned space (free). First let this thing sure then see.
Do you mean i need a dedicated unpartitioned hard disk for the ubuntu installation?

I have 80 GB HD and made four partitions out of it.
I am using one 18 GB partition out of those four partitions to install Ubuntu. So this 10 GB which I selected while installing is from that 18 GB partition itself.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

How can I get Red Hat Desktop edition?

Is there any way to install Red Hat Linux any version without purchasing? If yes, Please help me. I know Fedora is alternative way of Free Linux. But I am more interested to install Red Hat Linux for Personal Use. If anyone really knows about this... Please Please Please help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarsbhandare
1 Replies
REPARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    REPARTITION(8)

NAME
repartition - load a partition table SYNOPSIS
repartition device [partition-file] DESCRIPTION
Repartition uploads a new partition table for the partitions of device. The table is obtained from the first sector of partition-file if given, device otherwise. Device may refer to the whole drive or a primary partition, depending on whether you want to upload a partition or a subpartition table. The partitions will be truncated to fit within the enclosing device like the disk driver does, unless the numbers are coming from partition-file. EXAMPLES
repartition /dev/hd0 repartition /dev/hd4 /etc/hd4.table Reload the partition table of drive 0 setting /dev/hd[1-4], and the subpartition table of /dev/hd4 setting /dev/hd4[a-d] using a file. The latter may be useful if you need more than the 4 subpartitions a single Minix partition gives you. DIAGNOSTICS
The new table is printed on standard output. FILES
/dev/hd[0-9] SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8). BUGS
The disk must be in use for the changes to stick. The partition table of an idle disk will be reloaded on the first open. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) REPARTITION(8)