Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Data Transfers Lock System Up Completely Post 302364277 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 01:12:46 PM
Old 10-22-2009
Try upgrading your kernel, it may be something to do with IRQ sharing. You could also try booting with the parameter irqpoll but that hurts performance. cat /proc/interrupts will show you what devices use what interrupts.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

System not starting completely

I have an Ultra 60, running Solaris 5.8. During boot all of a sudden it dies after Yp comes up then the netmasks are set and then I don't see anything any more. How do I tell whats causing it to hang at this point. I can login to it but can't tell what preocess is hung. /var/adm/messages has no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to release package administration lock for this system

Hi, I created a Solaris package, but at the end of installation (on a Solaris 10 sparc) I get : #pkgadd -d MyApp_version__SunOS_sparc.pkg ... Installation of <MyAppName> was successful. pkgadd: ERROR: ERROR: Unable to release package administration lock for this system; try again later... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How does netcat manage the data it transfers ?

Hi all, When using netcat to transfer the data over socket, if no connection is established, how long will netcat keep the data; will it discard the "oldest" data ? Say for example I use "Some Command | netcat -l -p port", the command I use will generate a lot of output constantly, while no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to lock file system access

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to lock file system access

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Help me to lock my system.

Hi All! I am not able to lock my Ubuntu 12.04 LXDE. Can anybody tell me the shortcut to lock the system. I have tried all conventional keyboard shortcuts as well as buttons. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLLDR :Data not loaded completely

Hi , I am using below control file LOAD DATA APPEND INTO TABLE LSHADMIN.EG TRAILING NULLCOLS ( STUDY CHAR ) and the text file to load data is CACZ885M2301 When I run below command: sqlldr userid=apps/apps control=/home/appsuser/dataload/ctl_file.ctl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
3 Replies
LSDEV(8)							Linux System Manual							  LSDEV(8)

NAME
lsdev - display information about installed hardware SYNOPSIS
lsdev DESCRIPTION
lsdev gathers information about your computer's installed hardware from the interrupts, ioports and dma files in the /proc directory, thus giving you a quick overview of which hardware uses what I/O addresses and what IRQ and DMA channels. OPTIONS
None. FILES
/proc/interrupts IRQ channels. /proc/ioports I/O memory addresses. /proc/dma DMA channels. BUGS
lsdev can't always figure out which lines in the three examined files refer to one and the same device, because these files sometimes use different names for the same piece of hardware. For example, in some kernels the keyboard is referred to as `kbd' in /proc/ioports and as `keyboard' in /proc/interrupts. This should be fixed in the kernel, not in lsdev (as has indeed happened for this particular example). The program does however try to match lines by stripping anything after a space or open parenthesis from the name, so that e.g. the `serial' lines from /proc/interrupts match the `serial(set)' lines from /proc/ioports. This attempt at DWIM might be considered a bug in itself. This program only shows the kernel's idea of what hardware is present, not what's actually physically available. SEE ALSO
procinfo(8). AUTHOR
Sander van Malssen <svm@kozmix.cistron.nl> 3rd Release 1998-05-31 LSDEV(8)