Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check connectivity script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check connectivity script Post 302364118 by chipmunken on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 06:47:46 AM
Old 10-22-2009
As I'm writing this I'm currently building the script. I'm at the office so it's not going so fast since I get interrupted all the time.
First version was just to get everything working in my bash terminal. When I'm done there and the pinglog.txt looks good. Then I'm editing it for cron.

Just finished adding absolute path's for all commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check Oracle odbc connectivity in solaris ?

Hi, I have my application and database servers running on solaris. I need to check Db connectivity for a datasource in my Db server. Please guide me how to do it in solaris env. Aru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check connectivity

I want to write a script to check if a unix box say abc.tdc.cin.net can be connected or not on certain port say 22. right know i have to telnet them manually from DOS prompt and if it is successful then isay it is connected. Also to check Database connectivity I am using tnsping From DOS prompt.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux: Writing a tricky script to check connectivity

So, first and foremost, I'm having issues with my internet connection. Periodically, the connection drops across the network. The fix is simple enough: restart the modem. However, this gets old when the connection dies out every hour. I can hit my surfboard on 192.168.100.1, and navigate to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungfujoe
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Need to check the connectivity between 2 servers

Hi All, I need an automation script to check the connectivity between 2 UNIX servers. Could anybody please help in this regards? regards, janardhan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Connectivity check.

How to check connectivity with an external server if I know the IP. Please note traceroute is not working for me, as it is saying command not found. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Sybase connectivity

Hi , I am able to connect to sybase using the below script ,but i want to check the status of the connectivity like if there is any network failure during downloading the file ,it will come out with exit 1 status .Any help on this ? # isql database_name db_user_name <<EOF select date_val from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sybase Connectivity Check through Shell Script

Hi, I need to check the sysbase database connectivity through the Unix Shell Script. Can you help me on the how to write the script to test the sysbase database connection. Thanks in Advance Nandha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandha2387
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the connectivity of the DB through script, exit if no connection

check the connectivity of the DBs through script, script should exit if no connection and display the output as below. connectivity for DB1 is OK connectivity for DB2 is OK connectivity for DB3 is FAILED for DB in 1 2 3 do (sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the tcp network connectivity between server

Hello, I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. i have written the below code but it doesn't work, but when i execute the nc command outside the script it works fine. please help me where i am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check connectivity with multiple hosts - BASH script available here

Hi everyone! Some time ago, I had to check connectivity with a big list of hosts, using different formats (protocol://server:port/path/, server:port, ....). I developed a script that checks the connectivity using different commands (ping, telnet, nc, curl). It worked for me so I'm sharing it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fr3dY
9 Replies
vxvoladmtask(1M)														  vxvoladmtask(1M)

NAME
vxvoladmtask - administer ISP tasks SYNOPSIS
vxvoladmtask abort task_tag vxvoladmtask clear [task_tag] vxvoladmtask list vxvoladmtask [-t time] [-n] monitor task_tag vxvoladmtask set task_tag=new_task_tag DESCRIPTION
The vxvoladmtask utility can be used to perform basic administrative operations on tasks that have been created by the Intelligent Storage Provisioning (ISP) feature of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). You can use the command to list ISP tasks, to monitor their states, and if required, to cancel tasks. KEYWORDS
abort Cancels the specified ISP task. clear Removes all ISP task objects from the specified task. If no task is specified, this keyword clears all task objects for tasks that have a status of CANCELLED, DONE or FAILED. help Displays information on vxvoladmtask usage. list Lists all ISP tasks. monitor Monitors the specified ISP task. set Renames the tag for an ISP task. OPTIONS
-n Monitors ISP tasks that are newly registered while the program is running, as well as the specified ISP tasks. This option applies only to the monitor keyword. -t time Exits monitoring after time seconds. This option applies only to the monitor keyword. EXAMPLES
List all ISP tasks: vxvoladmtask list Remove the ISP task object with the tag, Task1: vxvoladmtask clear Task1 Cancel the allocator task object with the tag, Task2: vxvoladmtask abort Task2 EXIT STATUS
The vxvoladmtask utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. SEE ALSO
vxvoladm(1M), vxpool(1M), vxtemplate(1M), vxusertemplate(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxvoladmtask(1M)