Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing spaces within Filename Post 302363791 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 10:57:29 AM
Old 10-21-2009
bash
Code:
for i in *nu; do echo mv "'$i'" ${i// /}; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces

hey.. i had a problem with the unix command when i want to remove the white spaces in a string..i guess i cud do it with a sed command but i get an error when i give space in the square brackets.. string="nh hjh llk" p=`echo $string | sed 's/ //g'` i donno how to give space charater and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file using sh with spaces in filename

Hi I am trouble parsing through a file with spaces in the filename. I need to grab "supportIDPS/SCM/windows_install/file groups/dds.fgl" and then do a md5sum on it. I am using sh. Any help is appreciated. Here is an example of the input file: 7eedbc9f7902bf4c1878d9e571addf9a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jekl5
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing spaces...

Hey, I'm using the command from this thread https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/590-converting-list-into-line.html to convert vertical lines to horzontal lines. But I need to remove the spaces that is created. Unfortunately I can't figure out where the space is in the code.. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files with spaces in the filename

Hi I am having difficulty copying files from one dir to another due to a space in the names of the file with an extension .rtf There are a group of files and the command am using is cp `ls -rt /wlblive/home/whiops/ops/RTFs/*.rtf|head -20` /wlblive/home/jamshed Since the files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with spaces in filename

I have a text file containing files in a directory structure i.e. /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_aug03 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/comb8121sep02n /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_feb04_ons /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/corpsick_jun06 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/jcpjoiners200507... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filename

Hello I canīt find an answer to my problem. I am trying to tar some files with spaces #!/bin/sh files="/var/installer/server Config /var/installer/client user /var/installer/Svenskt Language /var/installer/GUI user Plugin /var/installer/Firefox Plugin" tar -czvf /tmp/files.tar.gz... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lusen
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with spaces in filename

I have written a script to run ddrescue on a list of files. #!/bin/bash # # A script to rescue data recursively using ddrescue. srcDir=/damaged/hdd/movies/ #the source directory desDir=/new/hdd/movies/ #the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colsinc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces in filename

Hi team, Here's a requirement for me. Here are the list of files i have in a unix directory. W 2 A D_2014.csv W 3 A D_2014.csv W 4 A D_2014.csv /home/kmani00-> uname -a AIX sliyyvxx 1 6 00F613E54C00 /home/kmani00-> The file names has to be without spaces as follows. W2AD_2014.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with filename spaces in Perl

The following command to replace text in place in multiple files in a directory is tripping up on filename spaces (Windows environment). I really don't know Perl. find '\\server\directory' | xargs perl -pi -e 's/textA/textB/g'Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux