Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count the decimal numbers with 6 precision Post 302363782 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 10:42:28 AM
Old 10-21-2009
Code:
nawk -F. '{if (length($2)==6) s++}END{print s}'  myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare decimal numbers

Hi anyone, i need to compare two decimal numbers i thought that it could be do it with if but... :( So, i'm writing in csh and i really apreciate if anyone can help me if ( $ppl_kn <= $ppl_wb ) then echo "############# KNdiscount model has the lowest perplexity" set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmxps
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Devision of Decimal Numbers?

How can i devide decimal numbers? I am getting this kind of error: line 18: 200.2/40.234: syntax error in expression (error token is ".2/40.234") What can i do to work around this problem? Thanks for any advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vozx
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

decimal numbers

Hi friends How can I use "for loop" for decimal numbers? ex: 0.1 < x < 0.6 I used this commands but does'nt work. LIMIT=0.6 for ((x=0.1; x<=LIMIT; x++)) do - - - done Many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snow
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

conflict: "for" loops and double precision numbers

Hi folk, Hope you enjoy the summer. I am stock after one day working, the problems are the following: 1) I want to write a for loop in a shell script code that has a double precision step as: #!/bin/bash START=0.00001 STOP=0.001 for((i = START ; i< STOP ; i=2*i)) do echo "$i"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habib
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Decimal Numbers

Im trying to compare two numbers with decimals but its not working as expected. a=1 b=1.1 if then echo "equal" fi When I do this it says that the numbers are equal. Ultimately Im using -le and -ge in the if statements but I tested with -eq for simplicity. Any way to make this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding decimal numbers

Hello... I am new to unix and I am wondering if in a C-shell script , Are we supposed to use only whole numbers........ for example..if a program needs to calculate the average of some numbers........ @ avg = (($1 +$2 + $3)/3)) is returning a whole number.........How can a decimal be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra22
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition for decimal numbers

Hi experts, My number output has somehting like below filename /temp 0.23 10.23 How do i put a condition to the above numbers? e.g if then the . seem to give me problems. Pls help. thanks ---------- Post updated at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:23 PM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: streddy
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If then else for decimal numbers part2

Hi, I have a small problem with my script. I have everything in order but it doesnt seem to compare anything less than 1 correctly. If the input is more than 1, then the results is correct. If the input is 0.xxx (anything) it returns erroneous results. Pls help input=0.12 if ; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: streddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing decimal numbers between 0 and 1

For numbers between 0 and 1 the below logic is not working. Output of above shall be "correct" but its echoing "incorrect".Kindly suggest a=.1 if then echo correct else echo incorrect fi Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsvikas
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decimal numbers and letters in the same collums: round numbers

Hi! I found and then adapt the code for my pipeline... awk -F"," -vOFS="," '{printf "%0.2f %0.f\n",$2,$4}' xxx > yyy I add -F"," -vOFS="," (for input and output as csv file) and I change the columns and the number of decimal... It works but I have also some problems... here my columns ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)