Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Manual LVM2 config
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Manual LVM2 config Post 302363774 by ermeyers on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 10:12:11 AM
Old 10-21-2009
Thanks. I reinstalled.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No manual entry for

I don't seem to be able to get man pages up for any command. When I try the "No manual entry for..." message is displayed. When checking my $MANPATH variable I get the following /opt/SUNconn/man: However, when I check this directory it doesn't exist. Searching for any man directories results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris and LVM2

It's possible ? Install LVM on Sun Solaris 10 ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a manual task

I have an ASCII file that I receive on a monthly bases that is fixed length. I break the file into separate files based on a 5 character numerical sequence. I have 20 different sequences I have to find. the input file looks something like this xy-ins 2008yuthnrlsinrthsntwilgrha33260001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting a manual

I'm sure it's really easy, but I have searched on Google and on the forums and haven't found anything. For instance, if I open the grep manual (man grep), I can't close it. I've tried ctrl+c, ctrl+x, scrolling to the bottom of the manual. How can I exit the manual without closing the shell? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennis89
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. SuSE

LVM2: Are these physical volumes free?

Hi, I am trying to find some free space on this system. The following physical volumes look empty. Would you please help me confirm this? What other commands can I use to find free space? Thank you in advance! # pvdisplay -m /dev/block/104:2 --- Physical volume --- PV Name ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies
LVMDUMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LVMDUMP(8)

NAME
lvmdump - create lvm2 information dumps for diagnostic purposes SYNOPSIS
lvmdump [options] [-d directory] DESCRIPTION
lvmdump is a tool to dump various information concerning LVM2. By default, it creates a tarball suitable for submission along with a prob- lem report. The content of the tarball is as follows: - dmsetup info - table of currently running processes - recent entries from /var/log/messages (containing system messages) - complete lvm configuration and cache - list of device nodes present under /dev - if enabled with -m, metadata dump will be also included - if enabled with -a, debug output of vgscan, pvscan and list of all available volume groups, physical volumes and logical volumes will be included - if enabled with -c, cluster status info OPTIONS
-h -- print help message -a -- advanced collection WARNING: if lvm is already hung, then this script may hang as well if -a is used -m -- gather LVM metadata from the PVs This option generates a 1:1 dump of the metadata area from all PVs visible to the system, which can cause the dump to increase in size considerably. However, the metadata dump may represent a valuable diagnostic resource. -d directory -- dump into a directory instead of tarball By default, lvmdump will produce a single compressed tarball containing all the information. Using this option, it can be instructed to only produce the raw dump tree, rooted in directory. -c -- if clvmd is running, gather cluster data as well ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_BINARY The LVM2 binary to use. Defaults to "lvm". Sometimes you might need to set this to "/sbin/lvm.static", for example. DMSETUP_BINARY The dmsetup binary to use. Defaults to "dmsetup". Red Hat, Inc. LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVMDUMP(8)