Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find ^M Character
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find ^M Character Post 302363755 by ganga.dharan on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 09:23:02 AM
Old 10-21-2009
but i don't :-(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find EOF character in a Shell ?

Hi, I'm need to determine if a file contains the EOF character, how can I do that in Shell scripting? Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfortes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace character in a string

Hi all, My problem is the following: I've a script that must list all files in a directory and write this information in a text file. I've tried to get the list through ls command and then write it using msgecho msgecho "`ls $PATH_APS_JOB_ORA`" This works good but the created string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: callimaco0082
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Unicode Character in File

I have a very large file in Unix that I would like to search for all instances of the unicode character 0x17. I need to remove these characters because the character is causing my SAX Parser to throw an exception. Does anyone know how to find a unicode character in a file? Thank you for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azelinsk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find a character immediately following a word

Hello, I have data in one file like - UNB+UNOA:1+006415160:1+WF0000010188:ZZ+080701:0600+2++DELFOR++++T'UNH+2+DELFOR:D:97A:UN................ Now, I want to find what is the character immediately following UNB(here +) UNOA (here :) or the character immedialtely preceding UNH (here ') &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to find alphanumeric character

Hi All, I am having a data file which consists of lakhs of records in the below foramt: "1223323","4341341","discription aadfad" "3123123","5463456","discription aadfad" "2343324","6565767","discription asdfads" "A3423423","7957456","discription aadfad" "343453B","7957456","discription... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a character

Hi Team, i have 1st cloumn of data containing, LAMSBA01-BA-COFF-YTD LAMSBA01-BA-COFF-ITD LAMSBA01-BA-AGGR-IND . LAMSBA01-BA-CURR-COFF-BAL i need to replace the "-" to "_" (underscore) using AWK . please help me on this. Thanks, Baski (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find character position in file?

how to find character positionin file? i.e string = "123X568" i want to find the position of character "X". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find certain number of character in vi

Hello, Experts, I have a file with the first and second column connected together, and i want to use vi to seperate them (put a space in between). Is there any command in vi would put a space after the 7th letter? Thanks! example: 0.981101.517 2.944101.517 4.907101.517 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingsy1212
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find character and Replace character for given position

Hi, i want find the character '-' in a file from position 284-298, if it occurs i need to replace it with 'O ' for the position in the file. How to do that using SED command. thanks in advance, Sara (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find invalid character

HI Team, I have script to find the invalid character in file. f=’pallvi\mahajan’ n=0 while (( $n <= ${#f} )); do c="${f:$n:1}" echo '$c' if *] ]]; then grep -sq $c valid.txt if ; then echo "$f" >> f.txt break fi fi (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
18 Replies
MBKSETAUTOACKCHLD(3)					       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS					      MBKSETAUTOACKCHLD(3)

NAME
mbksetautoackchld - Tells Alliance to automatically handle terminaison of child process. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" void mbksetautoackchld( pid ) int pid; PARAMETER
pid Process pid to automatically handle. DESCRIPTION
mbksetautoackchld provide a centralised way to catch terminated child process. Because some Alliance library can create a child process, and user application can do so, there must be a centralized way to get the exit status of process. If the programmer don't want to know the state of a child process, or if he don't want to know what is the terminaison code of such process, he must tells it to Alliance with this call. The programmer should never modify the handler of SIGCHLD. RETURN VALUE
mbksetautoackchld don't return value. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), mbkwaitpid(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 November 20, 2000 MBKSETAUTOACKCHLD(3)