Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find ^M Character
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find ^M Character Post 302363747 by Scott on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 08:42:13 AM
Old 10-21-2009
Code:
find . -type f -exec grep -l "^M" {} \;

(the control-m (^M) in the grep is acquired by pressing control-v then control-m - i.e. don't cut and paste the above code, because it won't give you the desired result!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find EOF character in a Shell ?

Hi, I'm need to determine if a file contains the EOF character, how can I do that in Shell scripting? Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfortes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace character in a string

Hi all, My problem is the following: I've a script that must list all files in a directory and write this information in a text file. I've tried to get the list through ls command and then write it using msgecho msgecho "`ls $PATH_APS_JOB_ORA`" This works good but the created string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: callimaco0082
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Unicode Character in File

I have a very large file in Unix that I would like to search for all instances of the unicode character 0x17. I need to remove these characters because the character is causing my SAX Parser to throw an exception. Does anyone know how to find a unicode character in a file? Thank you for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azelinsk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find a character immediately following a word

Hello, I have data in one file like - UNB+UNOA:1+006415160:1+WF0000010188:ZZ+080701:0600+2++DELFOR++++T'UNH+2+DELFOR:D:97A:UN................ Now, I want to find what is the character immediately following UNB(here +) UNOA (here :) or the character immedialtely preceding UNH (here ') &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to find alphanumeric character

Hi All, I am having a data file which consists of lakhs of records in the below foramt: "1223323","4341341","discription aadfad" "3123123","5463456","discription aadfad" "2343324","6565767","discription asdfads" "A3423423","7957456","discription aadfad" "343453B","7957456","discription... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a character

Hi Team, i have 1st cloumn of data containing, LAMSBA01-BA-COFF-YTD LAMSBA01-BA-COFF-ITD LAMSBA01-BA-AGGR-IND . LAMSBA01-BA-CURR-COFF-BAL i need to replace the "-" to "_" (underscore) using AWK . please help me on this. Thanks, Baski (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find character position in file?

how to find character positionin file? i.e string = "123X568" i want to find the position of character "X". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find certain number of character in vi

Hello, Experts, I have a file with the first and second column connected together, and i want to use vi to seperate them (put a space in between). Is there any command in vi would put a space after the 7th letter? Thanks! example: 0.981101.517 2.944101.517 4.907101.517 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingsy1212
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find character and Replace character for given position

Hi, i want find the character '-' in a file from position 284-298, if it occurs i need to replace it with 'O ' for the position in the file. How to do that using SED command. thanks in advance, Sara (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find invalid character

HI Team, I have script to find the invalid character in file. f=’pallvi\mahajan’ n=0 while (( $n <= ${#f} )); do c="${f:$n:1}" echo '$c' if *] ]]; then grep -sq $c valid.txt if ; then echo "$f" >> f.txt break fi fi (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
18 Replies
FINDRULE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       FINDRULE(1)

NAME
findrule - command line wrapper to File::Find::Rule USAGE
findrule [path...] [expression] DESCRIPTION
"findrule" mostly borrows the interface from GNU find(1) to provide a command-line interface onto the File::Find::Rule heirarchy of modules. The syntax for expressions is the rule name, preceded by a dash, followed by an optional argument. If the argument is an opening parenthesis it is taken as a list of arguments, terminated by a closing parenthesis. Some examples: find -file -name ( foo bar ) files named "foo" or "bar", below the current directory. find -file -name foo -bar files named "foo", that have pubs (for this is what our ficticious "bar" clause specifies), below the current directory. find -file -name ( -bar ) files named "-bar", below the current directory. In this case if we'd have omitted the parenthesis it would have parsed as a call to name with no arguments, followed by a call to -bar. Supported switches I'm very slack. Please consult the File::Find::Rule manpage for now, and prepend - to the commands that you want. Extra bonus switches findrule automatically loads all of your installed File::Find::Rule::* extension modules, so check the documentation to see what those would be. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> from a suggestion by Tatsuhiko Miyagawa COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 FINDRULE(1)