Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: changing line on a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting changing line on a file Post 302363642 by iga3725 on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 12:23:13 AM
Old 10-21-2009
Sorry, but I'm still with the problem... As the source file change, I mean the position of ' ] or [ ', so I'm not able to change to the output I want. I've tried a couple of sed commands.

regards,
Israel.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Line Number of a File

Example: O o x What I would like to do is to rename the first column of the above file without affecting the format. The output should look like the following: Output: O o x #! /bin/ksh cd $HOME/lib/.Lee #nl = no. of lines. nl=`grep 'X' ex | wc -l` #ln = line no. ln=1 (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing colomn to the line

I have a file which has only one colomn of numbers,ex: 122 173 292 400 979 2152 2339 2376 2387 2446 2450 What ksh / unix command should I use to create a file in which those numbers will be in one line,like this 122 173 292 400 979 .... etc Thanks a lot for help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
9 Replies

3. AIX

Yesterday's date without changing anything and in one cmd line ?

I have seen references in the forum about getting yesterday's date but it is either by changing something in the system (date, time zone, ...) or with more then one line of script cmds. How can I get yesterday's date without changing anything in the system and in one single command line ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing from command line to perl script

I had posted previously about this problem I had. I have multiple text files with hundreds of lines of the following type: 2000001 34 54 234 2000001 32 545 2000001 -2000001 77 2000001 44 2000001 998 2000001 77 32 2000001 45 23 111 89 98 75 23 34 999 . . . etc... What I wanted was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xchen89x
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing vertical lines to horizontal line in a file

Hi, I have a file like below robert PREF: 3 AVAIL: henry PREF: 234 AVAIL: john PREF: 145,178 AVAIL: 123 matt PREF: 564,932 AVAIL: ten PREF: 389 AVAIL: kill (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file line by line and process the line to generate another file

Hi, i have file which contains data as below(Only sample shown, it may contain more data similar to the one shown here) i need to read this file line by line and generate an output file like the one below i.e based on N value the number of MSISDNs will vary, if N=1 then the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help!!! For changing the content of the line

I need to change the content of the line after I grep it. The line is : Date SNWD.I-1 (in) WTEQ.I-1 (in) PREC.I-1 (in) TOBS.I-1 (degC) TMAX.D-1 (degC) TMIN.D-1 (degC) TAVG.D-1 (degC) I want to change the second column (SNWD.I-1(in)) to SNWD.I-1(m), how could I do that? I use csh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Line in Txt File

So I have a python program that I run, which runs accordingly to options I have listed in a text file (ie user_prefs). Now there are many options listed in this user_prefs.txt, but the one of most interest to me is that of the file path of the time series. I have over a hundred of these time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing a special line and Byte in a random file

Hello I created 3 files by: dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=1000000 of=./testfile1 dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=5000000 of=./testfile2 dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=10000000 of=./testfile3 Now I want to know how to make a change in a specific byte and/or line of theses files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies
diffmk(1)							   User Commands							 diffmk(1)

NAME
diffmk - mark differences between versions of a troff input file SYNOPSIS
diffmk oldfile newfile markedfile DESCRIPTION
diffmk compares two versions of a file and creates a third version that includes "change mark" (.mc) commands for nroff(1) and troff(1). oldfile and newfile are the old and new versions of the file. diffmk generates markedfile, which, contains the text from newfile with troff(1) "change mark" requests (.mc) inserted where newfile differs from oldfile. When markedfile is formatted, changed or inserted text is shown by | at the right margin of each line. The position of deleted text is shown by a single *. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of diffmk when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: An example of the diffmk command. diffmk can also be used in conjunction with the proper troff requests to produce program listings with marked changes. In the following command line: example% diffmk old.c new.c marked.c ; nroff reqs marked.c | pr the file reqs contains the following troff requests: .pl 1 .ll 77 .nf .eo .nh which eliminate page breaks, adjust the line length, set no-fill mode, ignore escape characters, and turn off hyphenation, respectively. If the characters | and * are inappropriate, you might run markedfile through sed(1) to globally change them. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), nroff(1), sed(1), troff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) BUGS
Aesthetic considerations may dictate manual adjustment of some output. File differences involving only formatting requests may produce undesirable output, that is, replacing .sp by .sp 2 will produce a "change mark" on the preceding or following line of output. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 diffmk(1)