Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script - Print Content of next line Post 302363558 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 03:10:08 PM
Old 10-20-2009
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
open LOGFILE, 'status.dat' or die "I couldn't get at status.dat:  $!";
while (<LOGFILE>) {
  print $prev if /^service name = test/;
  $prev=$_
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Find a string and Print full line

Hi Need a perl script to read lines in a file, scan for a string named "APPLE" and write to different file the only lines containing the matched string. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - How do I print contents of an array on a single line?

I have the following code: print @testarray; which returns: 8 8 8 9 How do I return the array like this: The output is: 8, 8, 8, 9 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this http://unix.com/abc/def http://unix.com/kil/min I want to use the / as separator and print the last content as another column like this http://unix.com/abc/def def http://unix.com/kil/min min I was using awk -F option and then joining the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process file from a directory and grep the required content and print

Hi All, below script reads the perticular files from the directory. Am trying to fetch status and print them in the required format. It needs to read line and search for string "Passed/Failed" and print them under correct sub header. script : BASE_DIR=/tmp/test/REPORT/CollectReport #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to print the line that share exactly same with column one content

Input file : AAAG TC AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT TCTG TCTG TCTG AC AC TCTG TCTG AC AC AC AC AC AGTG AC AGTG TCC Desired output file : AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AC AC I would like to print out the line that share exactly same as the first column data content. Column one data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SCript to read file content (if else statemenet)

Hi All, I wanted to write a perl script to read the content in a file,the file content is either 0 (zero) OR 1. The idea is like this. If (content =1), then it will proceed to perform some step. and then update the file content to 0(zero) else if (content =0), it will update the content to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hploh
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract values and print at end of each line

In the below perl I am trying to extract and print the values AF1=, the GT value, and F or QUAL diveded by 33 (rounded to the nearest whole #). The GT value is at the end after the GT:PL so all the possibilities are read into a hash h, then depending on the value that is in the line the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
datadm(1M)																datadm(1M)

NAME
datadm - maintain DAT static registry file SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/datadm [-v] [-u] [-a service_provider.conf] [-r service_provider.conf] The datadm utility maintains the DAT static registry file, dat.conf(4). This administrative configuration program allows uDAPL service providers to add and remove themselves to the dat.conf file. You can add or remove interface adapters that a service provider supports from a system after its installation. You can use datadm to update the dat.conf file to reflect the current state of the system. A new set of interface adapters for all the service providers cur- rently installed is regenerated. The following options are supported: -a service_provider.conf Enumerate each device entry in the service_provider.conf(4) file into a list of interface adapters, that is, interfaces to external network that are available to uDAPL consumers. -r service_provider.conf Remove the list of interface adapters that corresponds to the device entry in the service_provider.conf(4) file. -u Update the dat.conf to reflect the current state of the system with an up to date set of interface adapters for the service providers that are currently listed in the DAT static registry. -v Display the DAT static registry file, dat.conf. Example 1: Enumerating a Device Entry The following example enumerates a device entry in the service_provider.conf(4) file into interface adapters in the dat.conf(4) file. Assume that SUNW has a service provider library that supports the device tavor. It has a service_provider.conf(4) file installed in the directory /usr/share/dat/SUNWudaplt.conf with a single entry as follows: driver_name=tavor u1.2 nonthreadsafe default udapl_tavor.so.1 SUNW.1.0 "" tavor is an Infiniband Host Channel Adapter with two ports. Both IB ports exist in a single IB partition, 0x8001. If an IP interface is plumbed to each port, there are two IPoIB device instances, ibd0 and ibd1: # ls -l /dev/ibd* /dev/ibd0 -> /devices/pci@1/pci15b3,5a44@0/ibport@1,8001,ipib:ibd0 /dev/ibd1 -> /devices/pci@1/pci15b3,5a44@0/ibport@2,8001,ipib:ibd1 Running the command, datadm -a /usr/share/dat/SUNWudaplt.conf appends two new entries (if they do not already exists]) in the /etc/dat/dat.conffile: ibd0 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default udapl_tavor.so.1 SUNW.1.0 "" "driver_name=tavor" ibd1 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default udapl_tavor.so.1 SUNW.1.0 "" "driver_name=tavor" Example 2: Updating the dat.conf to Reflect the Current State of the System A new IB partition, 0x8002 is added to the above example covering port 1 of the Host Channel Adapter. If a new IP interface is plumbed to port 1/partition 0x8002, there is a third IPoIB device instance: ibd2. # ls -l /dev/ibd* /dev/ibd0 -> /devices/pci@1/pci15b3,5a44@0/ibport@1,8001,ipib:ibd0 /dev/ibd1 -> /devices/pci@1/pci15b3,5a44@0/ibport@2,8001,ipib:ibd1 /dev/ibd2 -> /devices/pci@1/pci15b3,5a44@0/ibport@1,8002,ipib:ibd2 Running datadm -u command, updates the /etc/dat/dat.conf file with a new entry added reflecting the current state of the system. datadm -v shows that there are now three entries in the /etc/dat/dat.conf file: ibd0 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default udapl_tavor.so.1 SUNW.1.0 "" "driver_name=tavor" ibd1 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default udapl_tavor.so.1 SUNW.1.0 "" "driver_name=tavor" ibd2 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default udapl_tavor.so.1 SUNW.1.0 "" "driver_name=tavor" /etc/dat/dat.conf DAT static registry file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWudaplu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkgadd(1M), pkgrm(1M), libdat(3LIB), dat.conf(4), service_provider.conf(4). attributes(5) 18 Jun 2004 datadm(1M)