Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsync push or pull?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rsync push or pull? Post 302363526 by vbe on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 01:34:53 PM
Old 10-20-2009
push from master...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

FTP push

Hi I am trying to send a file form one linux server into an another linux server. I cannot do ftp get. Can anyone please assist me how can I push the file to the other server ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I push an X app to the front by PID?

I'm trying to write a script that will start an X application if it's not already running, but will find it and pop it to the front if it is already running (maybe it's lost on a busy desktop). Is there such a mechanism? Here is part of the logic: VRDP="$(ps ax|grep "rdesktop .*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a push script from NIS

Hi guys, can we get a pushed script for every NIS client like a policy.? I need to set a symbolic links for for every client. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pianz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Push Files

Hey Guys, Thanks for always being helpful, I have another issue that I need a little insight on how to fix. See the below script I have and the error I get. I don't understand why it does that, am I not using the continue correctly? #!/bin/bash -x # @(#) File: filepush.sh #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I please get a push in the right direction with awk/sed?

Hi Guys, I have this task to monitor a linux box. I found a program that displays the parameters that I want and I wrote a little .sh to run that program and record output into a file. The findings look promising but I would like to graph them. My output (for every iteration) looks like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DraxDomax
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
GIT-REMOTE-FD(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-REMOTE-FD(1)

NAME
git-remote-fd - Reflect smart transport stream back to caller SYNOPSIS
"fd::<infd>[,<outfd>][/<anything>]" (as URL) DESCRIPTION
This helper uses specified file descriptors to connect to a remote git server. This is not meant for end users but for programs and scripts calling git fetch, push or archive. If only <infd> is given, it is assumed to be a bidirectional socket connected to remote git server (git-upload-pack, git-receive-pack or git-upload-achive). If both <infd> and <outfd> are given, they are assumed to be pipes connected to a remote git server (<infd> being the inbound pipe and <outfd> being the outbound pipe. It is assumed that any handshaking procedures have already been completed (such as sending service request for git://) before this helper is started. <anything> can be any string. It is ignored. It is meant for providing information to user in the URL in case that URL is displayed in some context. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
GIT_TRANSLOOP_DEBUG If set, prints debugging information about various reads/writes. EXAMPLES
git fetch fd::17 master Fetch master, using file descriptor #17 to communicate with git-upload-pack. git fetch fd::17/foo master Same as above. git push fd::7,8 master (as URL) Push master, using file descriptor #7 to read data from git-receive-pack and file descriptor #8 to write data to same service. git push fd::7,8/bar master Same as above. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Ilari Liusvaara and the git list <git@vger.kernel.org[1]> GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REMOTE-FD(1)