Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions C++ inputting multiple strings Post 302363470 by jp2542a on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 11:06:20 AM
Old 10-20-2009
Quick and dirty hint:

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <string.h>
using namespace std;

struct student {
	char name[80];
	int mark;
} grade[20];

int main ()
{

int i;

for (i = 0; i < 20 ; i++)
	{

cout << "Student name" << endl;
		cin >> grade[i].name;
		cout << "Mark: " << endl;
		cin >> grade[i].mark;
	}

}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with inputting password

Hi all, In one of my script, somewhere I need to input password of a server when ssh password's prompt comes. I've tried with EOF but it's not taking. I don't want to disable password through ssh. I want the password should be passed with my script. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

5. Programming

Inputting with SPACES...

I can't seem to successfully output characters with spaces. I inputted using getchar(). Any other ideas? Thank you in advance! printf ("Enter the Title : "); int i = 0; int c1; while (( c1!= '\n')&& (i <21)) { new_name->title = c1; i++; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nephilim.F
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inputting info

Hey guys! So I'm working on a program in linux terminal, using perl, to convert dna alignments to amino acid. It involves reading in one sequence and outputting another. I have it set so I can input a file but I can't input any sequences manually, anyone got any ideas about it? I have it set up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PerlNutt
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple strings in multiple files

Hi, every one! I have a file with multiple strings. file1 ATQRGNE ASQGVKFTE ASSQYRDRGGLET SPEQGARSDE ASSRDFTDT ASSYSGGYE ASSYTRLWNTGE ASQGHNTD PSLGGGNQPQH SLDRDSYNEQF I want to grep each string in hundreds of files in the same directory, further, I want to find out the string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputting multiple files into one command

I am trying to read 30 files into a command. The first file contains 10 lines and goes into this part of the command as "x" /tmp/filearrange.sh $x The group of files (20 files, I call them variable $i) need to be the second argument in the command and they need to be read so that they are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
TAU_MAPPING_CREATE(3)						  TAU Mapping API					     TAU_MAPPING_CREATE(3)

NAME
TAU_MAPPING_CREATE - Creates a mapping SYNOPSIS
C/C++: TAU_MAPPING_CREATE(char *name, char *type, char *groupname, unsigned long key, int tid); DESCRIPTION
TAU_MAPPING_CREATE creates a mapping and associates it with the key that is specified. Later, this key may be used to retrieve the FunctionInfo object associated with this key for timing purposes. The thread identifier is specified in the tid parameter. EXAMPLE
C/C++ : class MyClass { public: MyClass() { TAU_MAPPING_LINK(runtimer, TAU_USER); } ~MyClass() {} void Run(void) { TAU_MAPPING_PROFILE(runtimer); // For one object TAU_PROFILE("MyClass::Run()", " void (void)", TAU_USER1); cout <<"Sleeping for 2 secs..."<<endl; sleep(2); } private: TAU_MAPPING_OBJECT(runtimer) // EMBEDDED ASSOCIATION }; int main(int argc, char **argv) { TAU_PROFILE_INIT(argc, argv); TAU_PROFILE("main()", "int (int, char **)", TAU_DEFAULT); MyClass x, y, z; TAU_MAPPING_CREATE("MyClass::Run() for object a", " " , TAU_USER, "TAU_USER", 0); MyClass a; TAU_PROFILE_SET_NODE(0); cout <<"Inside main"<<endl; a.Run(); x.Run(); y.Run(); } SEE ALSO
TAU_MAPPING_LINK(3), TAU_MAPPING_OBJECT(3), TAU_MAPPING_PROFILE(3) 08/31/2005 TAU_MAPPING_CREATE(3)