Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bold Characters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bold Characters Post 302363430 by jlliagre on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 09:22:22 AM
Old 10-20-2009
As I already replied in a different thread you wrongly open, there is no standard way to achieve what you want. That will mainly depends on how you view the file. ksh or any other shell is irrelevant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold the paragraph

Hi, I have a file with multiple paragraph. I want to look for some word and make that paragraph bold. How can I do that? Thanks, Karthik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprikar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing in Bold

Hi, How do I print some shell variable in BOLD/ Thanks for any suggestions, Preeti (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
10 Replies

3. Programming

Bold text

hello, how do i display the text in the printf statement in bold. or is there anyway to display the text on the console in bold thx in advance svh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

color,bold

hi friend , I am generating a csv file i,e output file E104|0|06/04/1994|The values E005 and E001 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E001 and E002 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E003 and E002 are not equal. E108|0|02/30/1995|The values R001 and E001 are not equal.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in c shell

Hi, Can someone tell me how to display characters in Bold in C shell?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangi13
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bold characters in mail

I sh, I have bold characters in a file and I want to mail file to an ID. $cat file Incorrect or invalid external email IDs in TO and CC list for email_rules: If I pass this file to mailx $ cat file | mailx -s "hi" abc@xyz.com What I get in mail is  (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangi13
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in a file using Shell script

Hi, When I am running below mentioned script then the characters become bold but after opening the same file in Windows, Instead of getting bold characters i am getting some garbage value for \033Kunal Dixit Output in Windows (after ftp the file): but in windows , i am getting My name is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display in bold

Hi, i am using mailx option to send mail from unix In the body of the mail i want certain numbers to be displayed in bold Is there any way to do it If so, can anyone help me in this regard. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making Some Characters in file BOLD

Hi All, I want to make some characters to be bold in a file. I have a file e.g aa.log which contains rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gfgfgdaerqrqwrqerqwrwqwrqrqwrqr qqwerqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrq qwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwr File is too large to view Last line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help getting rid of bold characters

Hi! So i've got this shell script that asks questions and the user is required to input answers. The answers typed are bold. sh-*.*$ sh filename dir cat question tput bold read ans tput sgr0 ... and so on tput sgr0 exit So when the script ends i don't get the bold characters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
3 Replies
GFS_PIO_SET_VIEW_INDEX(3)												 GFS_PIO_SET_VIEW_INDEX(3)

NAME
gfs_pio_set_view_index - change file view to an individual fragment SYNOPSIS
#include <gfarm/gfarm.h> char *gfs_pio_set_view_index (GFS_File gf, int fragment_number, int fragment_index, char *host, int flags); DESCRIPTION
gfs_pio_set_view_index() changes the process's view of the data in the file specified by gf to a file fragment with the index frag- ment_index. When creating a new file, it is necessary to specify the total number of file fragments fragment_number. Every parallel process should specify the same fragment_number for the corresponding file. When the file exists, GFARM_FILE_DONTCARE can be specified. If fragment_num- ber is different from the total fragment number of the existent file, it is erroneous. host is used for explicitly specifying a filesystem node. If host is NULL, appropriate filesystem node is chosen. Values of flag are constructed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of the following list. GFARM_FILE_SEQUENTIAL File will be accessed sequentially. GFARM_FILE_REPLICATE File may be replicated to a local filesystem when accessing remotely. This flag cannot be specified with GFARM_FILE_NOT_REPLICATE. GFARM_FILE_NOT_REPLICATE File may not be replicated to a local filesystem when accessing remotely. This flag cannot be specified with GFARM_FILE_REPLICATE. By default, Gfarm files are accessed as a whole file in global file view where each fragment can be seamlessly accessed. RETURN VALUES
NULL The function terminated successfully. GFARM_ERR_NO_MEMORY Insufficient memory was available. GFARM_ERR_OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED The file is not a regular fragmented file. GFARM_ERR_FRAGMENT_NUMBER_DOES_NOT_MATCH The total number of file fragments is different from the existence one. GFARM_ERR_INVALID_ARGUMENT Invalid arguments are specified, for instance, GFARM_FILE_DONTCARE is specified as the total number of fragments of a newly created file. Others An error except the above occurred. The reason is shown by its pointed strings. SEE ALSO
gfs_pio_create(3), gfs_pio_open(3), gfs_pio_set_view_local(3) Gfarm 06 September 2005 GFS_PIO_SET_VIEW_INDEX(3)