Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grepping log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grepping log file Post 302363373 by zaxxon on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 06:44:00 AM
Old 10-20-2009
So you want to count how often each IP shows up per hour?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping the first 3 characters from a file

Hi I was wondering if it's possible to use a command to get the first 3 characters of a line in a text file, I tried grep but it returns the whole line but I am only interested in the first 3 characters. Is this possible with grep or I need any other command? Also is it possible deleting from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping the first 3 characters from a file

give this a try and let me know if it works grep '^' filename rachael (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop and grepping into a file

I wrote this script for: 1. Get the Web log for today 2. Give me a list of all the IP addresses that have accessed the web server today 3. Remove a list of known IPs listed in a file (line by line) 4. Mail the final file to selected recipients. I am unable to do part 3. In the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping Errors in a file

Hey All, I have to grep for an error from a file and get the results of errror in a different file...... But there should be no duplicate entries. Can anyone help me in giving a shell script for this This is file which contains pattern error which I am supposed to grep and put this in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping the last 30 minutes of a log file...

I need to know if anyone can assist me on how to grab the last (we'll just say "x" minutes) of a log file. How do you tell the grep command without specifying an exact window of time? (So relative instead of absolute.) Thanks, Jon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtelep
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping string from out file

Guys .. Need to pull this highlighted strings irrespective of line numbers & should be echoed . But these strings are from Outfile from different dir. In which way this can be grepped ?? Need an idea http-timeout 120 seconds persistent-timeout 180 seconds host-rewriting on ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping log files

I have a log file and I have two unique strings which represent the start and end of the text I want to obtain. How can I get all the text inbetween this start string and the end string? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file and returning passed variable if the value does not exist in file at all.

I have a list of fields that I want to check a file for, returning that field if it not found at all in the file. Is there a way to do a grep -lc and return the passed variable too rather then just the count? I am doing some crappy work-around now but I was not sure how to regrep this for :0 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: personalt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping only dates from a log file

Hi All, I have a log file where every line contains a date and some other data, i want to grep only the date from every line to a different file. Please help how to get this. Thanks in advance !! (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
WMCALCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WMCALCLOCK(1)

NAME
WMCALCLOCK - Dockable Calendar Clock SYNOPSIS
wmCalClock [-h] [-display <Display>] [-b <Volume>] [-e <Command>] [-24] [-s] [-S] [-L <Longitude>] [-l] [-tc <color>] [-bc <color>] [-tek- ton] [-comicsans] [-arial] [-luggerbug] [-jazz] DESCRIPTION
wmCalClock is a simple Calendar Clock with anti-aliased text and drop-shadows. OPTIONS
-h Display list of command-line options. -display [display] Use an alternate X Display. -b <Volume> Beep on the hour with specified volume (between -100 and 100). -e <Command> Command to execute via double click of mouse button 1. (Use quotes if your command has white space in it). -24 Show time in 24-hour format instead of default 12-hour AM/PM format. -30 Show local time in 30-hour format. Times between midnight and 6 AM are displayed as belonging to the previous day, so the hour ranges from 6 to 29. -g Show Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). -s Show Greenwich Mean Sidereal Time (GMST) in 24-hour format. -S Dont show seconds. -L <Longitude> Show Local Sidereal Time (LST) in 24-hour format. Longitude is in degrees (- for West + for East). -l Force use of lower color pixmap to conserve colors. On displays with <= 8 bits, the low color Pixmap will always be used. -tc <color> Change color of time-field digits. -bc <color> Change color of time-field background. -tekton Use the Tekton font for time field. -arial Use the Arial (i.e. Helvetica) font for time field. -jazz Use the JazzPoster font for time field. -luggerbug Use the LuggerBug font for time field. -comicsans Use the ComicSans font for time field. BUGS
Who knows? (Let me know if you find any). AUTHOR
Michael G. Henderson <mghenderson@lanl.gov> 16 December 1998 WMCALCLOCK(1)