Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Install Solaris 10 through network Post 302363321 by mohzub on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 04:19:19 AM
Old 10-20-2009
Install Solaris 10 through network

Hi all,

I got a Fujitsu P650 server running on Solaris 9 and we are going to re-install Solaris 10 . W have a build server in a different IP segment. So we setup a boot server and /etc/ethers and /etc/bootparams are all updated. When I issue

boot net -install,

I'm getting the following error

Executing last command: boot net -install
Boot device: /pci@87,4000/network@1,1 File and args: -install
Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet
Requesting Ethernet address for: 10.171.15.239
panic - boot: Could not mount filesystem.
Program terminated

I don't understand why its taking the IP (10.171.15.239) which is not found in our DNS.
Can someone help

Thank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install a network printer on Solaris

I want to reinstall a network printer (lexmark) on a solaris 8. I had that working but now I have a Windos message "no printer installed" I am a newbie... and hve no idea how to handle this situation. Thanks jose (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reda
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 install doesn't display Network Connectivity prompt page

I have two Dell x86 machines on which I am attempting to install Solaris 10 from CD. I am not doing a Jumpstart install. This is my first experience in installing Solaris (or any other OS). I am following the instructions at How to Quickly Install the Solaris 10 1/06 OS The first machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahsi
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX -- Network Install

I have a HP box (PA RISC) rp3440. The machine does not have a CD-ROM. I need to re-install the OS. Basically a network install... How did I do a network install? Anybody know of a document for Network Installs for a HPUX 11.23? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truejack
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Install Network component on Sunfire 280R Solaris 5.9

hi, i just completed installing O/S 5.9 on Sunfire 280R with O/S 5.9. During installation, i wasn't able to add IP, Default gateway, NDS and netmask because the lan port wasn't not active yet. Now that i have a lan port active, how to add network components onto the system? I did ifconfig to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to Install Windows Xp on Network?

If you don't have DVD-Rom then how would you install windows Xp on Network? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a network card

Hey guys, Sorry, this question might look stupid but I have no idea how to install a network card. My server is a Dell PowerEdge T105 with Debian 5.0 Lenny. My network card is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express. I've plugged the card innside my server and I can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Install over network

Hello, I have a desktop with ubuntu installed and i want to install ubuntu also to the laptop over network. I have an iso image of the ubuntu and i want to use this as install source. So i installed tftpd-hpa apache2 and dhcp3-server. mkdir /var/lib/tftpboot/ubuntu mount - o loop ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Using VM for Network Install Failing

If this question has been answered, please provide a link. We have several Old Solaris stations that don't have a DVD but a CD. We are required to upgrade the OS on these systems from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10, and since Solaris 10 no longer provides CD's we were thinking of doing a network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrongway
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)