Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command to test if a string is a file Post 302363232 by Arsenalman on Monday 19th of October 2009 06:29:24 PM
Old 10-19-2009
Finally hit the jack pot. again thank you for your contribution which help me move forward along to my destination:

Code:
{
if (sub(/DISCOVERY=ON/, "DISCOVERY=OFF"))
print $0
if ( $1 ~ /^#/ ) {
        print $0 }
if ( NF == 4 ){
    if ( system("test -d " $4) ) {
         }
    else {
        print "1        0       0       "$4 "\n" }
}
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file descriptor test command

Can someone delve more into what below test command do? if ; then I know -t is for file descriptor -t file descriptor FD (stdout by default) is opened on a terminal But not sure how to relate to it.. $1 is supposedly first argument, so let's say if scriptname:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving file using test command

My process creates file like abc.20090427.txt i.e abc.date.txt next time when my process it has to detect if any previous "abc" exist. If exist then move to archive and create a new abc file. I am using test command but it doesnt allow wild card. if ] then mv abc.*.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command parse a file based on string.

AWK Command parse a file based on string. I am trying to write a shell script to parse a file based on a string and move the content of the file to another file. Here is scenario. File content below Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command non case specific string comparision

Hi, I want to do caseless string comparision using test command for eg: Ind_f="y" test "$Ind_f" == "y|Y" i tried , ** , nothing worked. any thoughts on how to do case insensitive string comparison using test command without converting to any particular case using typeset or tr? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)