Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO6: Upgrading nd: no intel gigabit drivers? Post 302363213 by jpradley on Monday 19th of October 2009 05:29:31 PM
Old 10-19-2009
Did you just install the nd package, and not MP$?

In any case, I've been running an Intel pro 1000 card since the day OSR 6 came out, before even MP1 was available. When I first booted OSR 6, I asked netconfig to find my card, and it did so, no problem.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

video drivers for solaris (intel) 5.7

i am looking for video drivers for a hercules stingray 128/3d card running on an HP vectra with solaris i386 version 7. can anyone point me to a download? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomasaowens
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 drivers for Marvell 88E8001 (Yukon) Gigabit LAN

Hi, Has anybody got Solaris 10 drivers for the Marvell 88E8001 (Yukon) Gigabit LAN? I downloaded the Solaris 7+ drivers from the ASUS website, but they don't seem to work. Has anybody else had any lucK? Thanks, Chris. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Will I lose drivers while upgrading to ten?

I'm running Solaris 8 with a box I just got and it has a VGA connection. Will I lose the VGA driver while upgrading to 10? I don't have a Sun Monitor so if so I'll be screwed. Tia (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

5. SCO

Usb To Serial (sco6)

According to sco6 usb supplement, once you install it, you can install a bafo industries (BF-810) in the computer. I have done all that and followed the intructions completely and it shows up using usbprobe and l /dev/usb_ser* Problem is that when I go to mkdev serial, it is not there. Anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jn5519
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO6 NFS Problem mounting Windows resource

Hi, We are testing SCO6 for an upgrade. We currently have a SCO5.0.4 system that mounts a remote directory on a Windows 2000 server. The windows server has 'services for unix' installed to enable the required directory to be mounted on the SCO system. On SCO we run '/etc/mount -v -f NFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnagra
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Gigabit Link throughput

As a rule of thumb in doing calculations, what figure would you use in Mbytes/sec? I know the answer varies grealty on the topolgy of the network but I wonde what newteok engineers use a rough rule of thumb? Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic on SCO6

Hi all, I am running SCO6 in a VMWare environment. For the past two Sunday's during the system's automatic reboot I have received a Panic and the system has locked up. I have had to power off the VM and back on. I have never run into this sort of thing. Can someone help direct me to where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlitos71
1 Replies
ddi_dev_is_sid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dev_is_sid(9F)

NAME
ddi_dev_is_sid - tell whether a device is self-identifying SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dev_is_sid(dev_info_t *dip); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip A pointer to the device's dev_info structure. DESCRIPTION
ddi_dev_is_sid() tells the caller whether the device described by dip is self-identifying, that is, a device that can unequivocally tell the system that it exists. This is useful for drivers that support both a self-identifying as well as a non-self-identifying variants of a device (and therefore must be probed). RETURN VALUES
DDI_SUCCESS Device is self-identifying. DDI_FAILURE Device is not self-identifying. CONTEXT
ddi_dev_is_sid() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
1 ... 2 int 3 bz_probe(dev_info_t *dip) 4 { 5 ... 6 if (ddi_dev_is_sid(dip) == DDI_SUCCESS) { 7 /* 8 * This is the self-identifying version (OpenBoot). 9 * No need to probe for it because we know it is there. 10 * The existence of dip && ddi_dev_is_sid() proves this. 11 */ 12 return (DDI_PROBE_DONTCARE); 13 } 14 /* 15 * Not a self-identifying variant of the device. Now we have to 16 * do some work to see whether it is really attached to the 17 * system. 18 */ 19 ... SEE ALSO
probe(9E) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 24 Oct 1991 ddi_dev_is_sid(9F)