Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk statement to match all lines starting with "#" Post 302363209 by Arsenalman on Monday 19th of October 2009 05:24:09 PM
Old 10-19-2009
awk statement to match all lines starting with "#"

Looking for awk statement that will match all lines starting with "# "

Code:
if ( $1 == \^"#" )

Input file:

# of the server. If you would like to set these, please take out the
# pound (#) sign in front of one or all severities and set it equal to
# severity desired. For example, FATAL=3
#
#FATAL=2
#CRITICAL=3
#WARNING=4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array starting with "ord"

I was writing a awk function and had a error I was wondering about. It revolves around a Multidimensional array starting with ord example: if ( _e == 5 ) { lmrb=$5 ; lmtb=$6 ; larb=$7 ; latb=$8 } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with ps -ef |grep mysql for: my.cnf /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies
warnings(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					     warnings(3pm)

NAME
warnings - Perl pragma to control optional warnings SYNOPSIS
use warnings; no warnings; use warnings "all"; no warnings "all"; use warnings::register; if (warnings::enabled()) { warnings::warn("some warning"); } if (warnings::enabled("void")) { warnings::warn("void", "some warning"); } if (warnings::enabled($object)) { warnings::warn($object, "some warning"); } warnings::warnif("some warning"); warnings::warnif("void", "some warning"); warnings::warnif($object, "some warning"); DESCRIPTION
The "warnings" pragma is a replacement for the command line flag "-w", but the pragma is limited to the enclosing block, while the flag is global. See perllexwarn for more information and the list of built-in warning categories. If no import list is supplied, all possible warnings are either enabled or disabled. A number of functions are provided to assist module authors. use warnings::register Creates a new warnings category with the same name as the package where the call to the pragma is used. warnings::enabled() Use the warnings category with the same name as the current package. Return TRUE if that warnings category is enabled in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::enabled($category) Return TRUE if the warnings category, $category, is enabled in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::enabled($object) Use the name of the class for the object reference, $object, as the warnings category. Return TRUE if that warnings category is enabled in the first scope where the object is used. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::fatal_enabled() Return TRUE if the warnings category with the same name as the current package has been set to FATAL in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::fatal_enabled($category) Return TRUE if the warnings category $category has been set to FATAL in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::fatal_enabled($object) Use the name of the class for the object reference, $object, as the warnings category. Return TRUE if that warnings category has been set to FATAL in the first scope where the object is used. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::warn($message) Print $message to STDERR. Use the warnings category with the same name as the current package. If that warnings category has been set to "FATAL" in the calling module then die. Otherwise return. warnings::warn($category, $message) Print $message to STDERR. If the warnings category, $category, has been set to "FATAL" in the calling module then die. Otherwise return. warnings::warn($object, $message) Print $message to STDERR. Use the name of the class for the object reference, $object, as the warnings category. If that warnings category has been set to "FATAL" in the scope where $object is first used then die. Otherwise return. warnings::warnif($message) Equivalent to: if (warnings::enabled()) { warnings::warn($message) } warnings::warnif($category, $message) Equivalent to: if (warnings::enabled($category)) { warnings::warn($category, $message) } warnings::warnif($object, $message) Equivalent to: if (warnings::enabled($object)) { warnings::warn($object, $message) } warnings::register_categories(@names) This registers warning categories for the given names and is primarily for use by the warnings::register pragma, for which see perllexwarn. See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib and perllexwarn. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 warnings(3pm)