Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users replace word with special charaters Post 302363197 by drtabc on Monday 19th of October 2009 04:54:34 PM
Old 10-19-2009
Ok
Will do this next post, sorry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk while handling special charaters

Hi, I have an application.xml file like </dependency> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <context-root>oldvalue</context-root> <type>ear</type> <DOCTYPE "abc/xyz/eft"> <NewTag>value123</xyz> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word after a particular word in a file

Hi, I want to replace a word in a file which occurs after a particular word. For example : $cat file.txt CASE WHEN AND c1 = 'I' AND c2= '2' THEN 1 WHEN AND c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special characters?

Hi Unix Guru, I have an requirement for replace some specail characters in a file, my file came from mainframe. please see below example: when open it with vi 17896660|89059215|04/24/1998 00:00:00.000000| abc 123-453-1312^M<85>^M<85>|124557 if I run cat -v I got following:... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
25 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace mulitple charaters in filenames

I have a virtual pdf printer set up on my server which produces files with the following prefix: smbprn_00000044_Microsoft_Word_-_OriginalFilename.pdfthe number in the center of the file increase by one for each new file. I want to remove all the charaters infront of OriginalFilename.pdf using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to replace special characters?

Hi Team, I have data like this. |*|.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*| Would like to add zero (0) before the decimal point where there is no zero as |*|0.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*| How to replace |*|. with |*|0. I tried below command which didn't work echo '|*|.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*' | sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
4 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)