Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCRE string questions.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PCRE string questions. Post 302363125 by komputersman on Monday 19th of October 2009 01:47:43 PM
Old 10-19-2009
PCRE string questions.

What is the string that would satisfy this expression: "^gs{3}$" ?

What is an expression that would satisfy all these strings: csafaq.exe, csafbc.exe, asdfcd.exe?

Also, To catch these files, :
gdnus1862[2].exe
gdnus10[1].exe
gdnus250[1].exe
gdnus2337[1].exe

I am using this regex. : ^gdnus[0,9]{1,5}.[0,9]{0,1}.\.exe$

But it is not working. What is wrong with it?

Your help is appreciated, thanks. Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

...yet another string of awk/sed questions from a RegExp-Challenged luser %-\

Greetings all, ...here is yet another string of awk/sed questions from a RegExp-Challenged luser :eek: I'm looking to have sed/awk do some clean-up on routing tables and to that end, I would like to do the following: 1.) If a line contains the word "masks" or "subnets" prepend CR/LF to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveB-in-LV
16 Replies

2. Programming

messy questions: how to convert a string into a int64 in linux

Recently I was stuck at 64bit questions in 32pc....... lots of unknown questions came up .... as mentioned : messy questions: how to convert a string into a int64 in linux i tried ll = atoll(string) but faild btw: ll is defined as : long long ll = 0; I print the return like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCRE negative lookahead

I have read many tutorials and cannot get this to work. I need to use pcre (because that is what the library in the software we are using uses) and pcregrep everything except /home from the /etc/fstab pcregrep '(?!/home)' /etc/fstab It returns the entire fstab (This is on a RHEL5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix - pcre

Hello. I need to test valid sender address. I have created a rule in main.cf : smtpd_sender_login_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_login_maps.pcre smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_sender_login_mismatch THe file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ShellQuote(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     ShellQuote(3)

NAME
String::ShellQuote - quote strings for passing through the shell SYNOPSIS
$string = shell_quote @list; $string = shell_quote_best_effort @list; $string = shell_comment_quote $string; DESCRIPTION
This module contains some functions which are useful for quoting strings which are going to pass through the shell or a shell-like object. shell_quote [string]... shell_quote quotes strings so they can be passed through the shell. Each string is quoted so that the shell will pass it along as a single argument and without further interpretation. If no strings are given an empty string is returned. If any string can't be safely quoted shell_quote will croak. shell_quote_best_effort [string]... This is like shell_quote, excpet if the string can't be safely quoted it does the best it can and returns the result, instead of dying. shell_comment_quote [string] shell_comment_quote quotes the string so that it can safely be included in a shell-style comment (the current algorithm is that a sharp character is placed after any newlines in the string). This routine might be changed to accept multiple string arguments in the future. I haven't done this yet because I'm not sure if the strings should be joined with blanks ($") or nothing ($,). Cast your vote today! Be sure to justify your answer. EXAMPLES
$cmd = 'fuser 2>/dev/null ' . shell_quote @files; @pids = split ' ', `$cmd`; print CFG "# Configured by: ", shell_comment_quote($ENV{LOGNAME}), " "; BUGS
Only Bourne shell quoting is supported. I'd like to add other shells (particularly cmd.exe), but I'm not familiar with them. It would be a big help if somebody supplied the details. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 ShellQuote(3)