Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading from a file(passing the file as input parameter) Post 302363122 by ssuresh1999 on Monday 19th of October 2009 01:49:12 PM
Old 10-19-2009
how will i read line by line and how will i know that the number of lines have exhausted

---------- Post updated at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:38 AM ----------

ok i myself got it
while read linevar
do
print $linevar
done < a.txt

---------- Post updated at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:48 AM ----------

ok i myself got it
while read linevar
do
print $linevar
done < a.txt[/quote]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading the parameter from another file

I have a script where 3 parametrs are passed to it and it creates the file for each site form a template. If i want to get the 3rd parameter (which is the site) passed to the script to come from another file how I can change the script tp acheive it? Here is my script: what i have in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
15 Replies

2. Solaris

passing an input parameter like date thru jcl using BPXBATCH utility

Hi.... i need to pass the dates (from - to) as the input parameters thru jcl invoking BPXBATCH utility. I know that PARM will do the above functionality. But how the above dates passed through jcl will be linked in the java-db2 program to be used in sql queries in order to generate the report... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a Parameter File

Hi, I need to read the parameters from a file and assign them to Global variables. I need to read a specific parameter value every time and pass it to the other script. Suppose i have a parameter file like PARAM.txt PAR1= VAL1 PAR2= VAL2 PAR3= VAL3 I want to read PAR2 file and in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AT command parameter passing to php file

I have a bash script which utilizes a random function and then runs a file at now plus a random time. The problem is, that the php file requires a parameter after it eg: phpfile.php?code=123245b3 When i put in the file including the full path, with the at command, it will run, but not with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thruxmore
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string as a input parameter for a shell script

Hi i have a shell script which needs a string as an input parameter. How to pass the string param as an input? In command line am running the script. for e.g., a="who is a buddy?" sh sample.sh $a Inside the script i get this input param as $1 but only the value "who" is accepted... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing file content as parameter

Hi All, I am passing a file value as parameter to awk command; Par.txt A|B Input.txt A,1 B,3 C,4 D,5 My desired output should be A,1 B,3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter through file

Hi , I am passing date parameter through file my shell script testing.sh is #set -x #set -v asd=$1 asd1=$2 echo $asd echo $asd1 Passing parameter as below sh testing.sh `cat file1.txt` Output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple file by passing parameter value

Hello All, I want to change date part in file name to yesterday date in the file name. example file name file-12122017-06-30-41.dat want file-12112017-06-30-41.dat I am doing like below. Below it is not changing the filename. Actually it is not parsing the $today and $yesterday value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: looney
1 Replies
DH_GENCONTROL(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_GENCONTROL(1)

NAME
dh_gencontrol - generate and install control file SYNOPSIS
dh_gencontrol [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_gencontrol is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating control files, and installing them into the DEBIAN directory with the proper permissions. This program is merely a wrapper around dpkg-gencontrol(1), which calls it once for each package being acted on (plus related dbgsym packages), and passes in some additional useful flags. Note that if you use dh_gencontrol, you must also use dh_builddeb(1) to build the packages. Otherwise, your build may fail to build as dh_gencontrol (via dpkg-gencontrol(1)) declares which packages are built. As debhelper automatically generates dbgsym packages, it some times adds additional packages, which will be built by dh_builddeb(1). OPTIONS
-- params Pass params to dpkg-gencontrol(1). -uparams, --dpkg-gencontrol-params=params This is another way to pass params to dpkg-gencontrol(1). It is deprecated; use -- instead. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_GENCONTROL(1)