Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disabled keystroke at the log-in menu Post 302362904 by dai2809 on Sunday 18th of October 2009 04:40:26 PM
Old 10-18-2009
I have troubleshooted this by hitting the caps-lock key, then entering a password configured in the installation menu. This was difficult to identify as my wireless keyboard does not have a caps-lock indicator on. Looks like many users are experiencing this issue at forums.sun.com.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Keystroke log, eventlog, etc...

Don't you just hate crackers? Ok, I have a user on my server who is always causing trouble. He is constantly trying to get into files, change stuff, get users passwords, etc. I was wondering if Linux has a built in keystroke log, or event log of some sort that I may use to track his movements. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keystroke trap

Hi, How to track/trap the keyboard strokes in the script say for eg, in normal scene, when a script is running, if a press control c, the program gets terminated... so in this case, how do i trap the keystrokes so as to avoid the abort of the program.. pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu / Log files - reading / display

So I'm pretty green still at this, and right now I don't even have the IF statements in just trying to get this part to work. I want to basically click optino 1,2,3,4 for which logs I want to search, and then be able to put in the variable I want to grep out? Sounds easy just not clear in my mind... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Unix keystroke logger

Hi all, Does anyone know if there is a tool in the market that could do the following when System Admin log to the server as root and perform activities according to his change request: - trap or log his keystroke for the entire duration - provide a report on the changes SA has made to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding automatic keystroke

Hi All , I am writing a shell script for a 3D test case . The 3D Test case involves the user to press some keys to see the changes in the 3d test case . The user has to press p , r , a , z etc to observe the changes on screen . Now please let me know how can i implement the keystroke p , a ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the keystroke

i have the below script: #!/bin/bash echo "enter a" read a echo "enter b" read b let c=a+b echo $c at any point of time between entering the value for a and b,if user presses ctrl+a key combination, then it should start from the beginning(the script should be restarted). it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keystroke logging issue

I'm having an issue with keystoke logging. As we know in unix you can press tab to auto-complete a command or whatever it is you are typing. Well keystoke logging in /var/log/ks, tabs are actually showing up as tabs rather than whatever the auto-completion was. Any ideas? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
GStreamer::Caps(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      GStreamer::Caps(3pm)

NAME
GStreamer::Caps - Structure describing sets of media formats SYNOPSIS
my $empty = GStreamer::Caps::Empty -> new(); my $any = GStreamer::Caps::Any -> new(); my $structure = { name => "urgs", fields => [ [field_one => "Glib::String" => "urgs"], [field_two => "Glib::Int" => 23] ] }; my $full = GStreamer::Caps::Full -> new($structure); my $simple = GStreamer::Caps::Simple -> new( "audio/mpeg", field_one => "Glib::String" => "urgs", field_two => "Glib::Int" => 23); DESCRIPTION
To create a GStreamer::Caps object, you call one of the following constructors: GStreamer::Caps::Any->new GStreamer::Caps::Empty->new GStreamer::Caps::Full->new GStreamer::Caps::Simple->new HIERARCHY
Glib::Boxed +----GStreamer::Caps METHODS
$caps1->append ($caps2) o $caps2 (GStreamer::Caps) $caps->append_structure ($structure) o $structure (GStreamer::Structure) boolean = $caps->do_simplify caps = GStreamer::Caps->from_string ($string) o $string (string) caps = $caps1->intersect ($caps2) o $caps2 (GStreamer::Caps) boolean = $caps1->is_always_compatible ($caps2) o $caps2 (GStreamer::Caps) boolean = $caps->is_any boolean = $caps->is_empty boolean = $caps1->is_equal ($caps2) o $caps2 (GStreamer::Caps) boolean = $caps1->is_equal_fixed ($caps2) o $caps2 (GStreamer::Caps) boolean = $caps->is_fixed boolean = $subset->is_subset ($superset) o $superset (GStreamer::Caps) caps = $caps->make_writable caps = $caps->normalize $caps->set_simple ($field, $type, $value, ...) o $field (string) o $type (string) o $value (scalar) o ... (list) integer = $caps->get_size structure = $caps->get_structure ($index) o $index (integer) caps = $minuend->subtract ($subtrahend) o $subtrahend (GStreamer::Caps) string = $caps->to_string $caps->truncate caps = $caps1->union ($caps2) o $caps2 (GStreamer::Caps) SEE ALSO
GStreamer, Glib::Boxed COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See GStreamer for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 GStreamer::Caps(3pm)