Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regular expression foreign language Post 302362884 by wakatana on Sunday 18th of October 2009 12:42:48 PM
Old 10-18-2009
Thank you for reply. Is there an option how to convert lowercase diacritics to uppercase ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression

Hi, In Perl What should be the regular expression for 1-23. I tried with |1|2. But it is not working. I have a code snippet like below $state = 0; while( $state != 1 ) { $hour=<STDIN>; if ( $hour =~ /|1|2/) { print "Integer within range.\n"; $state = 1;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with regular expression

I currently list and sort all the files in a directory which begin with an Upper Case C and end with the extension '#finished#'. Here is the command I use: ls -tr $currentDir/*.#finished# what i need to do now is list all the files in a directory that begin with upper case C and end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkgudde
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Day of the week or Month in a foreign language

Hey guys, i'm a very new shell script user. I've been looking everywhere for a proper script to display the day of the week or the month, accurately, in a foreign language of my choosing. Something where i can just type in the appropriate word in a foreign language in the script and get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibizagreg
2 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression and ls

hello using KSH shell i have those files in a folder FILE01 FILE1 FILE02 FILE2 FILE001 FILE0001 in a script i would like to list all the files through regular expressions i tried this ls FILE+* but i receive this error ls: 0653-341 The file FILE+* does not exist. what is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade05fr
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression help

Hi, I am quite knew to scripting and I am trying to get a regular expression to work to check that a user enters a valid version number such as 1 or 1.1 or 12.3 etc. I dont seem to be able to get it to work as it picks up versions such as 1.......2. I only want it to work with a single dot.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: frodo61
12 Replies
TOUPPER(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							TOUPPER(3)

NAME
toupper, tolower, toupper_l, tolower_l - convert uppercase or lowercase SYNOPSIS
#include <ctype.h> int toupper(int c); int tolower(int c); int toupper_l(int c, locale_t locale); int tolower_l(int c, locale_t locale); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): toupper_l(), tolower_l(): Since glibc 2.10: _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 700 Before glibc 2.10: _GNU_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
These functions convert lowercase letters to uppercase, and vice versa. If c is a lowercase letter, toupper() returns its uppercase equivalent, if an uppercase representation exists in the current locale. Oth- erwise, it returns c. The toupper_l() function performs the same task, but uses the locale referred to by the locale handle locale. If c is an uppercase letter, tolower() returns its lowercase equivalent, if a lowercase representation exists in the current locale. Oth- erwise, it returns c. The tolower_l() function performs the same task, but uses the locale referred to by the locale handle locale. If c is neither an unsigned char value nor EOF, the behavior of these functions is undefined. The behavior of toupper_l() and tolower_l() is undefined if locale is the special locale object LC_GLOBAL_LOCALE (see duplocale(3)) or is not a valid locale object handle. RETURN VALUE
The value returned is that of the converted letter, or c if the conversion was not possible. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-------------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-------------------------+---------------+---------+ |toupper(), tolower(), | Thread safety | MT-Safe | |toupper_l(), tolower_l() | | | +-------------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
toupper(), tolower(): C89, C99, 4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. toupper_l(), tolower_l(): POSIX.1-2008. NOTES
The standards require that the argument c for these functions is either EOF or a value that is representable in the type unsigned char. If the argument c is of type char, it must be cast to unsigned char, as in the following example: char c; ... res = toupper((unsigned char) c); This is necessary because char may be the equivalent signed char, in which case a byte where the top bit is set would be sign extended when converting to int, yielding a value that is outside the range of unsigned char. The details of what constitutes an uppercase or lowercase letter depend on the locale. For example, the default "C" locale does not know about umlauts, so no conversion is done for them. In some non-English locales, there are lowercase letters with no corresponding uppercase equivalent; the German sharp s is one example. SEE ALSO
isalpha(3), newlocale(3), setlocale(3), towlower(3), towupper(3), uselocale(3), locale(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 TOUPPER(3)