Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Query related to Inodes in Solaris Post 302362741 by saagar on Saturday 17th of October 2009 08:44:21 AM
Old 10-17-2009
hi jp2542a,
Thanks for the response,
Actually i got confused with the term "density" of inodes.

Is it the number of inodes in a filesystem or the number of bytes of an individual inode?

thanks .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print related query

i Am using the below query and printing the $8 and $9 filed.. find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls this give me the rsult like below.. 2008/home/ADMIN/om/1.txt 2008/home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sapan123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Query related to boot process of Solaris x86

I am a linux user and trying to relate Solaris x86 boot process with that of Linux.. Please correct me if wrong with my understanding on Solaris x86 booting process: 1.POST by BIOS. 2.BIOS loads mboot program from MBR of the hard disk. 3.mboot loads Grub stage1 from /boot/grub/stage1 4.Grub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
fsirand(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       fsirand(1M)

NAME
fsirand - install random inode generation numbers SYNOPSIS
fsirand [-p] special DESCRIPTION
fsirand installs random inode generation numbers on all the inodes on device special, and also installs a file system ID in the superblock. This helps increase the security of file systems exported by NFS. fsirand must be used only on an unmounted file system that has been checked with fsck(1M) The only exception is that it can be used on the root file system in single-user mode, if the system is immediately re-booted afterwards. OPTIONS
-p Print out the generation numbers for all the inodes, but do not change the generation numbers. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of fsirand when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Sep 1996 fsirand(1M)