Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using AWK to separate data from a large XML file into multiple files Post 302362692 by jp2542a on Saturday 17th of October 2009 12:23:41 AM
Old 10-17-2009
It wasn't designed to be used as separate clauses.. put the whole thing in a file and use the -f switch.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple smaller files from one large file

I have a file with a simple list of ids. 750,000 rows. I have to break it down into multiple 50,000 row files to submit in a batch process.. Is there an easy script I could write to accomplish this task? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtroscianecki
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling multiple files using awk command and wants to get separate out file for each

hai all I am new to the world of shell scripting I wanted to extract two columns from multiple files say around 25 files and i wanted to get the separate outfile for each input file tired using the following command to extract two columns from 25 files awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hema dhevi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to match multiple regex and create separate output files

Howdy Folks, I have a list that looks like this: (file2.txt) AAA BBB CCC DDD and there are 24 of these short words. I am matching these patterns to another file with 755795 lines (file1.txt). I have this code for matching: awk -v f2=file2.txt ' BEGIN { while(... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heecha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a data file into separate files with the file names depending upon a column's value?

Hi, I have a data file xyz.dat similar to the one given below, 2345|98|809||x|969|0 2345|98|809||y|0|537 2345|97|809||x|544|0 2345|97|809||y|0|651 9685|98|809||x|321|0 9685|98|809||y|0|357 9685|98|709||x|687|0 9685|98|709||y|0|234 2315|98|809||x|564|0 2315|98|809||y|0|537... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate files from one excel file with multiple sheets

Hi, I have one requirement, create separate files (".csv") from one excel file(xlsx) with multiple sheets. These ".csv" files are my source files. So anybody please suggest me the process. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Harris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process multiple large files with awk

Hi there, I'm camor and I'm trying to process huge files with bash scripting and awk. I've got a dataset folder with 10 files (16 millions of row each one - 600MB), and I've got a sorted file with all keys inside. For example: a sample_1 200 a.b sample_2 10 a sample_3 10 a sample_1 10 a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camor
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Multiple files - 1 file with multi-line data

Greetings experts, Have 2 input files, of which 1 file has 1 record per line; in 2nd file, multiple lines constitute 1 record; Hence declared the RS=";" Now in the first file which ends with ";" at each line of the line; But \nis also being considered as part of the data due to which I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file

Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file tried below it splits unevenly and also i need help in adding header and footer command : csplit -s -k -f my_XML_split.xml extrfile.xml "/<Document>/" {1} sample xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Recipient>... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik
36 Replies
Test::XML::Simple(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Test::XML::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Test::XML::Simple - easy testing for XML SYNOPSIS
use Test::XML::Simple tests=>5; xml_valid $xml, "Is valid XML"; xml_node $xml, "/xpath/expression", "specified xpath node is present"; xml_is, $xml, '/xpath/expr', "expected value", "specified text present"; xml_like, $xml, '/xpath/expr', qr/expected/, "regex text present"; xml_is_deeply, $xml, '/xpath/expr', $xml2, "structure and contents match"; # Not yet implemented: # xml_like_deeply would be nice too... DESCRIPTION
"Test::XML::Simple" is a very basic class for testing XML. It uses the XPath syntax to locate nodes within the XML. You can also check all or part of the structure vs. an XML fragment. TEST ROUTINES
xml_valid $xml, 'test description' Pass an XML file or fragment to this test; it succeeds if the XML (fragment) is valid. xml_node $xml, $xpath, 'test description' Checks the supplied XML to see if the node described by the supplied XPath expression is present. Test fails if it is not present. xml_is_long $xml, $xpath, $value, 'test description' Finds the node corresponding to the supplied XPath expression and compares it to the supplied value. Succeeds if the two values match. Uses Test::More's "is" function to do the comparison. xml_is $xml, $xpath, $value, 'test description' Finds the node corresponding to the supplied XPath expression and compares it to the supplied value. Succeeds if the two values match. Uses Test::LongString's "is_string" function to do the test. xml_like_long $xml, $xpath, $regex, 'test description' Find the XML corresponding to the the XPath expression and check it against the supplied regular expression. Succeeds if they match. Uses Test::More's "like" function to do the comparison. xml_like $xml, $xpath, $regex, 'test description' Find the XML corresponding to the the XPath expression and check it against the supplied regular expression. Succeeds if they match. Uses Test::LongString's "like_string" function to do the test. xml_is_deeply_long $xml, $xpath, $xml2, 'test description' Find the piece of XML corresponding to the XPath expression, and compare its structure and contents to the second XML (fragment) supplied. Succeeds if they match in structure and content. Uses Test::More's "is" function to do the comparison. xml_is_deeply $xml, $xpath, $xml2, 'test description' Find the piece of XML corresponding to the XPath expression, and compare its structure and contents to the second XML (fragment) supplied. Succeeds if they match in structure and content. Uses Test::LongString's "is_string" function to do the test. AUTHOR
Joe McMahon, <mcmahon@cpan.org> LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005 by Yahoo! and Joe McMahon This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.6.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. SEE ALSO
XML::XPath, Test::More, Test::Builder. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 Test::XML::Simple(3pm)