Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart issues, help please. Post 302362677 by saagar on Saturday 17th of October 2009 08:49:44 AM
Old 10-17-2009
system shock, thanks a lot for that information. It works.!!
have a great day, like me.!!

---------- Post updated at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:39 AM ----------

One more doubt..
Is there any directive that can be used in the sysidcfg file to inform the jumpstart client to go to console mode of installation instead of trying to go to the gui mode..?

---------- Post updated at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:41 AM ----------

System Shock... u deserve those honours...
thank u..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart

Hi, where can i find documention on how to create a jumpstart system? dori (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Help

Hi Peeps, Created a jumpstart server for an unattened install and it works, but got 2 bugs in the config which I would like to work out: when you boot net install It still asks you to select a language and locale, after you do this it kicks of an unattended install. So my question is,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues Solaris 10

I'm trying to jumpstart my remote server. My /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers files have the correct data. Keep getting the following message at the ok prompt after running a boot net - install Link hasn't comeup yet Ran a test-net and got the following message. Link is -- down When... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues

Hi all, I'm having an issue with jumpstart that I haven't seen before. After booting the server and selecting F12 to boot it from the network it finds the jumpstart profile that has been set up for it and proceeds with the build until I get the following error: SunOS Release 5.10 Version... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
4 Replies

9. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues With T5220

I'm trying to use a V210 (sun4u) configured as a jumpstart server to flash install a number of T5220's (sunv4). The Facts: V210 - Solaris 10 (September 2010 Release / not patched) T5220's - Archive's created using prior (unknown) version of solaris 10. Flar -i <archive name> shows the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
6 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)