Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf file Post 302362666 by TonyFullerMalv on Friday 16th of October 2009 07:11:13 PM
Old 10-16-2009
I'd try increasing the:
rotate 1
to a larger number?
I know 1 means "1 extra" log file but I have never seen such a low number used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate.conf

I changed the logrotate.conf file to make a new log file to be automatically rotated daily. But after a night, I have not seen the rotated file. When does this rotation happen? I mean what is the exact time? In addition, do I have to restart what deamon to make the change take effect? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set size in logrotate.conf

Hi,guys: recently,i am puzzled by a question .when i create a new file named by /etc/logrotate.d/debug. The cont. is listed as follow: /var/log/debug { rotate 3 missingok notifempty size=2k prerotate /bin/kill -HUP `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: icehero
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Some questions about Logrotate.conf

Hi all, I have to configure the logrotate.conf file on some Linux RedHat servers. So, by default I seen the file is as follow: # see "man logrotate" for details # rotate log files weekly weekly # keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs rotate 4 # create new (empty) log files after rotating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain this logrotate file

Very silly question .. I deleted it .. Please delete this thread too . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

File is missing after logrotate!!

I am having a requirement to rotate the my application logs dailay as it is keep on writiing to single file and below is the logrotate function which I am using, cat /apps/bmc/bmtm/QPasa_logrotate.conf /apps/bmc/bmtm/all_events.log /apps/bmc/bmtm/history_association.log { missingok ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandyrajh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies

7. AIX

Logrotate - /etc/logrotate.conf does't exist

Hi Admins. I have installed logrotate rpm on Aix 6.1. After the installation of rpm, I don't find /etc/logrotate.conf file and /etc/logrotate.d dir . The config file is located in /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf. When I ran logrotate -v /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf I get below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Logrotate.conf

Hey Admins, I have installed logrotate on AIX server. I want to configure it for 1. /var/log/messages – keep 90 days, i.e., weekly rotate 13 2. Syslog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 3. Wtmp – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 4. Sulog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to logrotate a file after X days with logadm?

Hi Guys - We have the /var/adm/pacct file currently configured to log rotate using logadm - here is the entry in logadm.conf: /var/adm/pacct -C 0 -N -P 'Wed Oct 23 08:00:00 2013' -a '/usr/lib/acct/accton pacct' -g adm -m 664 -o adm -p never Just want to ask if it would like possible to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akaterasu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logrotate 0 byte file

Hello, For various reasons I decided to rebuild my log server on a new microSD. To simplify matters I restored a backed up copy of the appropriate config files and uploaded them to the new log server once syslog-ng was setup. The issue I am running into now is when logrotate compresses the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyUserName7000
3 Replies
scene_gap(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						scene_gap(3alleg4)

NAME
scene_gap - Number controlling the scene z-sorting algorithm behaviour. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern float scene_gap; DESCRIPTION
This number (default value = 100.0) controls the behaviour of the z-sorting algorithm. When an edge is very close to another's polygon plane, there is an interval of uncertainty in which you cannot tell which object is visible (which z is smaller). This is due to cumulative numerical errors for edges that have undergone a lot of transformations and interpolations. The default value means that if the 1/z values (in projected space) differ by only 1/100 (one percent), they are considered to be equal and the x-slopes of the planes are used to find out which plane is getting closer when we move to the right. Larger values means narrower margins, and increasing the chance of missing true adjacent edges/planes. Smaller values means larger margins, and increasing the chance of mistaking close polygons for adjacent ones. The value of 100 is close to the optimum. However, the optimum shifts slightly with resolution, and may be application-dependent. It is here for you to fine-tune. SEE ALSO
create_scene(3alleg4), clear_scene(3alleg4), destroy_scene(3alleg4), render_scene(3alleg4), scene_polygon3d(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 scene_gap(3alleg4)