Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List zones bound to a pool
Operating Systems Solaris List zones bound to a pool Post 302362643 by seg on Friday 16th of October 2009 05:32:33 PM
Old 10-16-2009
I believe `pooladm` will list what you need.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

zfs - migrate from pool to pool

Here are the details. cnjr-opennms>root$ zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT openpool 20.6G 46.3G 35.5K /openpool openpool/ROOT 15.4G 46.3G 18K legacy openpool/ROOT/rds 15.4G 46.3G 15.3G / openpool/ROOT/rds/var 102M ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS - list of disks used in a pool

Hi guys, We had created a pool as follows: zpool create filing_pool raidz c1t2d0 c1t3d0 ........ Due to some requirement, we need to destroy the pool and re-create another one. We wish to know now which disks have been included in the filing_pool, how do we list the disks used to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
2 Replies

3. Programming

env not bound: BEDEWORK

I was trying to test dump data on bedework jxi console however I got the error below.I'm using debian as my OS and installed quickstart bedework on it. Pls advise what am I missing. thanks Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env not bound at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

4. Linux

Memory bound error...

Hi all, Am getting the below error for a job that is run in our system. error code: 114, pc=0, call=1, seg=0 114 Attempt to access item beyond bounds of memory (Signal 11) This job uses a cobol program and as far as I know, the problem is related to this cobol program. What does this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: das.somik
1 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

I/O bound computing clusters

I want to build a computing cluster and have been looking into grid solutions. My understanding from grid solutions is that participating nodes have to actually sign up to participate in a computation and that an isolated piece of work is sent to the node through a request from that node (pull).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Bound, Unbound, Idle, Listening,

Hi Guys, I am studying netstat and I am getting confused a lot. I will be glad if someone will be kind enough to explain to me : 1) bound port 2) unbound port 3) idle 4 listening I will very much appreciate it. Thanks guys We have a special forum with special rules for homework (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to fix the CPU bound issues on AIX?

Hi All, Can you please answer my question. i see lot of CPU utilization on AIX LPARs. i am able to find the cause of the probelm. But i do not know how to mitigate or fix the problem. for instance, i found the process which is consuming most of CPU. i informed the responsible team. how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: get upper and lower bound per group

Hi all, I've data as: 22 51018157 51018157 exonic CHKB nonsynonymous SNV 22 51018204 51018204 exonic CHKB nonsynonymous SNV 22 51018428 51018428 exonic CHKB nonsynonymous SNV 22 51018814 51018814 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
4 Replies
poolbind(1M)                                                                                                                          poolbind(1M)

NAME
poolbind - bind processes, tasks, or projects or query binding of processes to resource pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/poolbind -p poolname [ -i idtype] id... /usr/sbin/poolbind -q pid... /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q pid... The poolbind command allows an authorized user to bind zones, projects, tasks, and processes to pools. It can also allow a user to query a process to determine which pool the process is bound to. The following options are supported: -i idtype This option, together with the idlist arguments, specifies one or more processes to which the poolbind command is to apply. The inter- pretation of idlist depends on the value of idtype. The valid idtype arguments and corresponding interpretations of idlist are as fol- lows: pid idlist is a list of process IDs. Binds the specified processes to the specified pool. This is the default behavior if no idtype is specified. taskid idlist is a list of task IDs. Bind all processes within the list of task IDs to the specified pool. projid idlist is a list of project IDs. Bind all processes within the list of projects to the specified pool. Each project ID can be spec- ified as either a project name or a numerical project ID. See project(4). zoneid idlist is a list of zone IDs. Bind all processes within the list of zones to the specified pool. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. See zones(5). -p poolname Specifies the name of a pool to which the specified zone, project, tasks, or processes are to be bound. -q pid ... Queries the pool bindings for a given list of process IDs. If the collection of resources associated with the process does not corre- spond to any currently existing pool, or if there are multiple pools with the set of resources that the process is bound to, the query fails for that particular process ID. -Q pid ... Queries the resource bindings for a given list of process IDs. The resource bindings are each reported on a separate line. Example 1: Binding All Processes The following command binds all processes in projects 5 and 7 to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app -i projid 5 7 Example 2: Binding the Running Shell The following command binds the running shell to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app $$ Example 3: Querying the Pool Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given pool: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -q $$ Example 4: Querying the Resource Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given resources: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q $$ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Requested operation could not be completed. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The output is Unstable. pooladm(1M), poolcfg(1M), libpool(3LIB), project(4), attributes(5), zones(5) System Administration Guide: N1 Grid Containers, Resource Management, and Solaris Zones 3 Feb 2005 poolbind(1M)