Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Ah! Quiet Today - Columbus Day in the US Post 302362525 by zaxxon on Friday 16th of October 2009 09:48:58 AM
Old 10-16-2009
Since Obama has kinda root access now, can't it be changed to Leif Eriksson day since the Vikings were earlier than Columbus? Smilie

Leif Ericson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quiet System for Maintenance

I have backups that run in a cron @ midnight. Does the backup utility make sure that the system is quiet --(no users are logged on) or do I need to add some stuff to make sure nobody is accessing those file while they are being backed up. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

System Admins Day Today

Hello All, Today is System Admins day. it comes on last friday of July. Congratulations to all of you. Keep Posting.... System Administrator Appreciation Day Awadhesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between "QUIET=${QUIET:-yes}" and "QUIET=yes"

Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference between QUIET=${QUIET:-yes} and QUIET=yes . Regards, akash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

"rhgb quiet" controlling the display of commands in single user mode ?"rhgb quiet" controlling the d

Why does removing "rhgb quiet" from the kernel boot parameters control whether or not the commands I enter are displayed in single user mode ? For instance, if I do not remove "rhgb quiet", when I am in single user mode, whatever command I type will not be displayed on the screen. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Wikipedia - Automated interface to the Wikipedia SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Wikipedia; my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## search for 'perl' my $result = $wiki->search( 'perl' ); ## if the entry has some text print it out if ( $result->text() ) { print $result->text(); } ## list any related items we can look up print join( " ", $result->related() ); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Wikipedia provides an automated interface to the Wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.org>, which is a free, collaborative, online encyclopedia. This module allows you to search for a topic and return the resulting entry. It also gives you access to related topics which are also available via the Wikipedia for that entry. INSTALLATION
To install this module type the following: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install METHODS
new() The constructor. You can pass it a two letter language code, or nothing to let it default to 'en'. ## Default: English my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## use the French wiki instead my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'fr' ); WWW::Wikipedia is a subclass of LWP::UserAgent. If you would like to have more control over the user agent (control timeouts, proxies ...) you have full access. ## set HTTP request timeout my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); $wiki->timeout( 2 ); You can turn off the following of wikipedia redirect directives by passing a false value to "follow_redirects". language() This allows you to get and set the language you want to use. Two letter language codes should be used. The default is 'en'. my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'es' ); # Later on... $wiki->language( 'fr' ); follow_redirects() By default, wikipeda redirect directives are followed. Set this to false to turn that off. search() Which performs the search and returns a WWW::Wikipedia::Entry object which you can query further. See WWW::Wikipedia::Entry docs for more info. $entry = $wiki->search( 'Perl' ); print $entry->text(); If there's a problem connecting to Wikipedia, "undef" will be returned and the error message will be stored in "error()". random() This method fetches a random wikipedia page. error() This is a generic error accessor/mutator. You can retrieve any searching error messages here. TODO
o Clean up results. Strip HTML. o Watch the development of Special:Export XML formatting, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/perl SEE ALSO
o LWP::UserAgent AUTHORS
Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003-2011 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-04-05 WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)