Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert .sh script into perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert .sh script into perl Post 302362321 by Scott on Thursday 15th of October 2009 03:55:10 PM
Old 10-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarahel
Good afternoon to you all

I really need your help

I have the following script developed in .sh and I need to convert it into perl. Can someone help me do it please?

Here´s the script:
Code:
##############################################

##############################################

cat /var/www/monitor/scripts/TestProbes/probelist.txt | while read probe

do

{
perl /var/www/monitor/scripts/slabb/getQosData.pl -s DNS -m Availability -c $probe
} >> /var/www/monitor/scripts/TestProbes/Probes/"$probe".txt

if [[ -s /var/www/monitor/scripts/TestProbes/Probes/"$probe".txt ]] ; then

echo "Probe has data"

else

echo "Probe has no data" 

fi

rm /var/www/monitor/scripts/TestProbes/Probes/"$probe".txt
        touch /var/www/monitor/scripts/TestProbes/Probes/"$probe".txt
        chmod 777 /var/www/monitor/scripts/TestProbes/Probes/"$probe".txt

done

############################################

Why?

All you are doing is running basic commands - half of which I can't understand what or why.

What will perl give you here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix script to perl

Hi, I have these lines in a unix script: FILEONE = /<filepath1>/<filename1.txt> FILENEW = /<filepath2>/<filename2.txt> head -5 $FILEONE | sed '1d' > $FILENEW PARAM1 = `cat $FILENEW | awk '{print $2;}' ` echo "Param1 Value: $PARAM1" What's the correct syntax of the above lines if same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the below perl sript to shell script

perl script: my $logdir = '/smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp'; $logdir = $logdir ."/mp${toDate}*"; i tried to make it..as below .. but not working .. date +%m%d%y logdir = /smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp logdir=$logdir/mp"$date" but it was not working..... can someone please help me out in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert ksh script to Perl

Guys I am new to this forum, this may seem like a cheeky request. I have been asked by my manager to convert this ksh script to Perl. I do not have the foggiest about Perl and would appreciate any help on this. Basically this scipt automates a recovery process for EMC Legato Networker. It will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahimm1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert perl code to shell script

This is about how to Monitoring folder for new files using shell script im doing a project using smsserver tools 3. i have used a perl script to handle incoming messages. the content of each message must be directed to a java program. this program generates the answer to reply to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x34
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert awk script into perl

Input file (a list of input file name with *.txt extension): campus.com_icmp_ping_alive.txt data_local_cd_httpd.txt data_local_cd.txt new_local_cd_mysql.txt new_local_cd_nagios_content.txt Desired output file: data local_cd_httpd data local_cd new local_cd_mysql new ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert binary to text Perl script

Hello everyone, I have a binary file with a structure unknown. I have found 2 perl scripts that it seems to do the convertion but I get sintactic errors when I run them, may somebody test these 2 scripts please and see if really work? One if from here... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script remove digits and convert

Hello Guy's Quick question which im sure many can answer in seconds. Basically I have a perl script which is running commands to an element and then taking some of the the output and printing it to the screen. One of the outputs is a variable Hex Number. What I would like to do is strip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone convert this python script to perl

There is a python script that I would like converted to a perl script. If someone has the time to convert the script I would appreciate it. You can find the script below: reboot-mb8600/reboot-mb8600.py at master . j4m3z0r/reboot-mb8600 . GitHub #!/usr/bin/python ''' A hacky script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azdps
1 Replies
Smokeping_probes_base(3)					     SmokePing						  Smokeping_probes_base(3)

NAME
Smokeping::probes::base - Base Class for implementing SmokePing Probes OVERVIEW
For the time being, please use the Smokeping::probes::FPing for inspiration when implementing your own probes. SYNOPSIS
*** Probes *** +base offset = 50% pings = 20 step = 300 # [...] *** Targets *** probe = base # if this should be the default probe # [...] + mytarget # probe = base # if the default probe is something else host = my.host VARIABLES
Supported probe-specific variables: offset If you run many probes concurrently you may want to prevent them from hitting your network all at the same time. Using the probe- specific offset parameter you can change the point in time when each probe will be run. Offset is specified in % of total interval, or alternatively as 'random', and the offset from the 'General' section is used if nothing is specified here. Note that this does NOT influence the rrds itself, it is just a matter of when data acqusition is initiated. (This variable is only applicable if the variable 'concurrentprobes' is set in the 'General' section.) Example value: 50% pings How many pings should be sent to each target, if different from the global value specified in the Database section. Note that the number of pings in the RRD files is fixed when they are originally generated, and if you change this parameter afterwards, you'll have to delete the old RRD files or somehow convert them. Example value: 20 step Duration of the base interval that this probe should use, if different from the one specified in the 'Database' section. Note that the step in the RRD files is fixed when they are originally generated, and if you change the step parameter afterwards, you'll have to delete the old RRD files or somehow convert them. (This variable is only applicable if the variable 'concurrentprobes' is set in the 'General' section.) Example value: 300 AUTHORS
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2013-03-17 Smokeping_probes_base(3)