Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to use scp with metacharacter Post 302362308 by narang.mohit on Thursday 15th of October 2009 02:22:52 PM
Old 10-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
How about
Code:
scp file^name user@machine:/file^name

The colon is mandatory.
i used the colon also actually i forgot colon in my question
but the error is still with the
^name(some thing like this)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Null metacharacter?

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to formulate an <expression> that will match any of the following: *.jpeg *.jpg *.JPEG *.JPG for a 'find <directory> -name <expression> ' command. I'd like to do *., but don't know what the null character is, or even if it exists. Any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidcharles
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scp

I am trying to transfer a 10g files using scp, but I am getting timeout errors is there anywhere that I can modify a config file or something to increase the time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read metacharacter [ and ]

i have command sed sed '/^*$/ d' which don't recognize the how can i solve it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep'ing a variable that contains a metacharacter ($) with a while loop

This is driving me crazy, and I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I'm trying to do a simple while loop to go through a log file. I'm pulling out all of the lines with a specific log line, getting an ID from that line, and once I have a list of IDs I want to loop back through the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove metacharacter while using wget command

Hi All, While using below command I am getting some unusual character in Release.txt file.How could I remove or stop them to go into Release.txt file wget -q http://m0010v.prod.wspan.com/nggfmonatl/Default.aspx cat Default.aspx|egrep -in "EFS|HOTFIX" | awk -F/ '{print $(NF-1)}'|cut -d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

metacharacter

how to list all filenames consisting of two lower case letters using metacharacters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rathankumar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use scp?

How to copy multiple directories using single command on solaris 10 from server A to server B. I tried scp but its working only one directory at atime How to acheive this with simple and short solution????? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Metacharacter (*) Should match exact filename

Hi, Below is list of files in my directory. -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:58 12345_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12346_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12347_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)