Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bold Characters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bold Characters Post 302362147 by rajeshorpu on Thursday 15th of October 2009 05:49:07 AM
Old 10-15-2009
Bold Characters

Hi All,

How to make the characters bold in k shell.

like for example

"File is too large to view" to "File is too large to view"

is it like echo "File is too large to view"

Please advice and samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold the paragraph

Hi, I have a file with multiple paragraph. I want to look for some word and make that paragraph bold. How can I do that? Thanks, Karthik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprikar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing in Bold

Hi, How do I print some shell variable in BOLD/ Thanks for any suggestions, Preeti (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
10 Replies

3. Programming

Bold text

hello, how do i display the text in the printf statement in bold. or is there anyway to display the text on the console in bold thx in advance svh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

color,bold

hi friend , I am generating a csv file i,e output file E104|0|06/04/1994|The values E005 and E001 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E001 and E002 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E003 and E002 are not equal. E108|0|02/30/1995|The values R001 and E001 are not equal.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in c shell

Hi, Can someone tell me how to display characters in Bold in C shell?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangi13
9 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bold characters in mail

I sh, I have bold characters in a file and I want to mail file to an ID. $cat file Incorrect or invalid external email IDs in TO and CC list for email_rules: If I pass this file to mailx $ cat file | mailx -s "hi" abc@xyz.com What I get in mail is  (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangi13
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in a file using Shell script

Hi, When I am running below mentioned script then the characters become bold but after opening the same file in Windows, Instead of getting bold characters i am getting some garbage value for \033Kunal Dixit Output in Windows (after ftp the file): but in windows , i am getting My name is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display in bold

Hi, i am using mailx option to send mail from unix In the body of the mail i want certain numbers to be displayed in bold Is there any way to do it If so, can anyone help me in this regard. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making Some Characters in file BOLD

Hi All, I want to make some characters to be bold in a file. I have a file e.g aa.log which contains rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gfgfgdaerqrqwrqerqwrwqwrqrqwrqr qqwerqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrq qwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwrqwr File is too large to view Last line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help getting rid of bold characters

Hi! So i've got this shell script that asks questions and the user is required to input answers. The answers typed are bold. sh-*.*$ sh filename dir cat question tput bold read ans tput sgr0 ... and so on tput sgr0 exit So when the script ends i don't get the bold characters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
3 Replies
GENKLEMSAMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GENKLEMSAMP(1)

NAME
genklemsamp - generate ray samples over surfaces using Klems BSDF basis SYNOPSIS
genklemsamp [ -c N ][ -f{a|f|d} ] [ view opts ] [ geom.rad .. ] DESCRIPTION
Genklemsamp generates ray origins and directions to sample planar surfaces needed to determine incident radiances or daylight coefficients. This command is typically used in conjunction with rtcontrib(1) to analyze exterior daylight coefficients for an annual simulation. The view options are needed to specify (at minimum) the view direction, which corresponds to the orientation of the surfaces, and the view up vector, which corresponds to the azimuth=90-degree position on the Klems sampling hemisphere. The view fore clipping distance is also quite useful, as it provides a means to pass through some thickness in a fenestration system before samples are sent out. Other view options such as the view type and aft clipping distance are overridden or ignored. If no Radiance scene files are provided, then the specified parallel view defines the width, height, center, and orientation of the window or facade of interest. If one or more scene files are given, they are presumed to contain planar surfaces over which genklemsamp will originate samples. The sampled surface normals must correspond to the specified view direction, and unaligned surfaces are silently ignored. The -c option specifies the number of rays to sample per Klems direction. These samples will be distributed evenly over the surface(s). The default setting is 1000. The -ff option specifies that output rays should be generated as 32-bit IEEE binary float values. This may be more efficient if passed directly to rtcontrib or rtrace(1) with the same option. Likewise, the -fd option specifies 64-bit IEEE binary double values. The default setting of -fa produces ASCII floating point values. EXAMPLE
To generate 500 samples per direction over a set of south-facing windows and pass to rtcontrib to compute daylight coefficients in a matrix: genklemsamp -c 500 -vd 0 -1 0 -vu 0 0 1 south_windows.rad | rtcontrib -c 500 -e MF:1 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin -bn Nrbins exterior.oct > Dsouth.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
dctimestep(1), genBSDF(1), genskyvec(1), mkillum(1), rtcontrib(1), rtrace(1), vwrays(1) RADIANCE
6/13/09 GENKLEMSAMP(1)