Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers trying to grep -v multiple changing sequences from a file Post 302362121 by chipcmc on Thursday 15th of October 2009 04:20:38 AM
Old 10-15-2009
You can use the "-f" option on grep, then you only need to generate a file
with the list-pattern.
Example:
Code:
$more list
no
$more text
line1
no line
the 3 line
the 4 line
$grep -f list -v text 
the 4 line

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command with changing file name

Hello, I have a grep command as follows: grep Found original_2010.01.26 | cut -f 5 -d ' ' However the file name changes each day and gets appended with today's date. For ex: on January 27th it would be original_2010.01.27 ... etc The files from previous days exist on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for changing the accession number of DNA sequences in a FASTA file

Hi, I am having a file of dna sequences in fasta format which look like this: >admin_1_45 atatagcaga >admin_1_46 atatagcagaatatatat with many such thousands of sequences in a single file. I want to the replace the accession Id "admin_1_45" similarly in following sequences to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: margarita
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple keywords from a file

I have a script that will search for a keyword in all the log files. It work just fine. LOG_FILES={ "/Sandbox/logs/*" } for file in ${LOG_FILES}; do grep $1 $file done This only works for 1 keyword. What if I want to search for more then 1 keywords, say 4 or maybe even... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unique sequences from multiple fasta file

Hi, I have a fasta file with multiple sequences. How can i get only unique sequences from the file. For example my_file.fasta >seq1 TCTCAAAGAAAGCTGTGCTGCATACTGTACAAAACTTTGTCTGGAGAGATGGAGAATCTCATTGACTTTACAGGTGTGGACGGTCTTCAGAGATGGCTCAAGCTAACATTCCCTGACACACCTATAGGGAAAGAGCTAAC >seq2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help grep multiple ports in a file.

I wish to grep for an entry in a file if it contains and does not start with #, Listen 443 or Listen 9443 Below is what helped me get Listen 443 but how can I tweak the below command to also include Listen 9443 port ? Note: Listen 8443 or Listen 4438 should fail in the grep. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::RequireBlockGrepUser Contributed Perl DocumentaPerl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::RequireBlockGrep(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::RequireBlockGrep - Write "grep { $_ =~ /$pattern/ } @list" instead of "grep /$pattern/, @list". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The expression forms of "grep" and "map" are awkward and hard to read. Use the block forms instead. @matches = grep /pattern/, @list; #not ok @matches = grep { /pattern/ } @list; #ok @mapped = map transform($_), @list; #not ok @mapped = map { transform($_) } @list; #ok CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. SEE ALSO
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::RequireBlockMap AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::RequireBlockGrep(3)