Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connect windows server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect windows server Post 302362086 by Pratik4891 on Thursday 15th of October 2009 02:59:20 AM
Old 10-15-2009
Connect windows server

Hi All,

I need to connect windows server by unix shell script then search the directory for some keyword in all files in that directory...

Windows Server is \\wh01ad04
Please help me and thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Connect smbclient to an windows server 2003 with active directory

Hello everybody .. i want connect with smbclient to an windows server 2003 with active directory. Exist a version of samba that can do this? Thank you very much for your time. Good Luck :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To Connect to Windows server from Unix server

Hi i am writing a script in unix where after some validations, i require the script to connect to a windows server and then kich off a batch file there. i tried ftp and got the error message that "the remote host refused an attempted connect operation". I am able to connect to this unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidzz911
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Trying to connect to Oracle on Windows server

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux and still trying to learn. Here is my situation. I have a windows server where I installed Oracle DB. On the same Windows server, I have a VM running linux. I can ping Windows server IP successfully from linux. I installed sqlplus on linux and trying to access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rach0701
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Graphically connect RHEL server from Windows 7 Professional

I want to connect RHEL server from my windows 7 Professional machine graphically. I logged into 1 RHEL server with IP, 10.101.17.80 using Putty from my Windows 7 professional machine. Now from this server, 10.101.17.80, I want to connect to another RHEL server 10.101.17.79. I used, ssh -X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connect to Windows server from Linux

Hi, We are running Linux server and are required to connect to Windows server and fetch the files from windows server. How can i connect to Windows server from Linux? I have to do this with a automated shell script on Linux I appreciate your response. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachmexyz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

9. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

10. AIX

Connect from AIX 5.x to windows Server 2000 Shared Folder

Hi, I followed this procedure in order to mount in AIX a shared folder in windows server 2000. https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1012550 Ive tested the shared folder from other windows Server, and its fine. What Ive do in AIX is: Logon as root Under /Home/spss/ I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
2 Replies
XINIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  XINIT(1)

NAME
xinit - X Window System initializer SYNOPSIS
xinit [ [ client ] options ... ] [ -- [ server ] [ display ] options ... ] DESCRIPTION
The xinit program is used to start the X Window System server and a first client program on systems that are not using a display manager such as xdm(1) or in environments that use multiple window systems. When this first client exits, xinit will kill the X server and then terminate. If no specific client program is given on the command line, xinit will look for a file in the user's home directory called .xinitrc to run as a shell script to start up client programs. If no such file exists, xinit will use the following as a default: xterm -geometry +1+1 -n login -display :0 If no specific server program is given on the command line, xinit will look for a file in the user's home directory called .xserverrc to run as a shell script to start up the server. If no such file exists, xinit will use the following as a default: X :0 Note that this assumes that there is a program named X in the current search path. The site administrator should, therefore, make a link to the appropriate type of server on the machine, or create a shell script that runs xinit with the appropriate server. Note, when using a .xserverrc script be sure to ``exec'' the real X server. Failing to do this can make the X server slow to start and exit. For example: exec Xdisplaytype An important point is that programs which are run by .xinitrc should be run in the background if they do not exit right away, so that they don't prevent other programs from starting up. However, the last long-lived program started (usually a window manager or terminal emula- tor) should be left in the foreground so that the script won't exit (which indicates that the user is done and that xinit should exit). An alternate client and/or server may be specified on the command line. The desired client program and its arguments should be given as the first command line arguments to xinit. To specify a particular server command line, append a double dash (--) to the xinit command line (after any client and arguments) followed by the desired server command. Both the client program name and the server program name must begin with a slash (/) or a period (.). Otherwise, they are treated as an arguments to be appended to their respective startup lines. This makes it possible to add arguments (for example, foreground and back- ground colors) without having to retype the whole command line. If an explicit server name is not given and the first argument following the double dash (--) is a colon followed by a digit, xinit will use that number as the display number instead of zero. All remaining arguments are appended to the server command line. EXAMPLES
Below are several examples of how command line arguments in xinit are used. xinit This will start up a server named X and run the user's .xinitrc, if it exists, or else start an xterm. xinit -- /usr/local/bin/Xvnc :1 This is how one could start a specific type of server on an alternate display. xinit -geometry =80x65+10+10 -fn 8x13 -j -fg white -bg navy This will start up a server named X, and will append the given arguments to the default xterm command. It will ignore .xinitrc. xinit -e widgets -- ./Xorg -l -c This will use the command .Xorg -l -c to start the server and will append the arguments -e widgets to the default xterm command. xinit /usr/ucb/rsh fasthost cpupig -display ws:1 -- :1 -a 2 -t 5 This will start a server named X on display 1 with the arguments -a 2 -t 5. It will then start a remote shell on the machine fasthost in which it will run the command cpupig, telling it to display back on the local workstation. Below is a sample .xinitrc that starts a clock, several terminals, and leaves the window manager running as the ``last'' application. Assuming that the window manager has been configured properly, the user then chooses the ``Exit'' menu item to shut down X. xrdb -load $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid gray & xclock -g 50x50-0+0 -bw 0 & xload -g 50x50-50+0 -bw 0 & xterm -g 80x24+0+0 & xterm -g 80x24+0-0 & twm Sites that want to create a common startup environment could simply create a default .xinitrc that references a site-wide startup file: #!/bin/sh . /usr/local/lib/site.xinitrc Another approach is to write a script that starts xinit with a specific shell script. Such scripts are usually named x11, xstart, or startx and are a convenient way to provide a simple interface for novice users: #!/bin/sh xinit /usr/local/lib/site.xinitrc -- /usr/bin/X -br ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DISPLAY This variable gets set to the name of the display to which clients should connect. XINITRC This variable specifies an init file containing shell commands to start up the initial windows. By default, .xinitrc in the home directory will be used. FILES
.xinitrc default client script xterm client to run if .xinitrc does not exist .xserverrc default server script X server to run if .xserverrc does not exist SEE ALSO
X(7), startx(1), Xserver(1), Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), xterm(1) AUTHOR
Bob Scheifler, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science X Version 11 xinit 1.3.2 XINIT(1)